headlight unit problem

Hello all. I have a Problem witrh my drivers side headlight unit. In the last cold spell I found condensation on the inside of the headlight unit, spicifically over the indicatour, although the passanger side is ok. I cleaned the seals behind the unit (the indicator sidelight and headlight bulb cleared the condensation with a cloth and a pair of long nosed pliers to clear out the condensation.

All was fine untill yesterday when I hand washed my car at home. this morning I noticed the condencation had returned. Since the seals hadn't been touched since I cleaned them and put them back in I assumed it was the seal between the headlight glass and the rest of the unit. I removed the unit and I put some silicone sealant over the join and now the problem wont go away! I keep cleaning out the condensation with the long nosed pliers and cloth but now it wont stay clear for more thas 2-3 hours before about 90%of the unit is coverd. the headlight unit infront of the sidelight and headlight bulb are swiched on.

Can anyone sugesset a means to fix the problem, preferably without replacing the unit, unless its the only option.

Thanks for any help in advance.

you know the silca gel you get in shoe boxes put some of them in the headlight unit they keep the condensation away trust me it works

Back