Headlight Issue

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Is it common for the connectors to go on the headlight bulbs? I can't for the life of me figure out why one of the headlights wont switch on. Relay? Fuses?

Yeah the connectors can cause problems. Have a look at it, does it look a bit melted at all? Wiggle it around with the light on and see if it comes on again. If so, that needs replacing.

Yeah my N15 ones melted but I cant get the K10 one to work and it doesnt seem melted at all, how infuriating. I know the lights were spliced at some point so this may be the issue, I will probably have to strip back the loom to find out. I will try an N15 connector tomorrow.

Hmm this problem seems to be deeper than first thought. The remaining headlight exploded just now on the way home which wasnt great to say the least, I have no idea where this problem comes from, the fuses all seem to be ok as far as I can tell (I checked the ones by the bonnet release catch if that is the correct one?
Any ideas?
If this problem persists I will look at powering the lights off a seperate circuit.

If the other one went, i'd check the relay. Grey box on the passenger side of the engine bay.

If both have blown, it rules out connectors. It has to be the relay or something

That's unlikely. I'd imagine the fuse would have gone first from the overload. It's probably the relay! i've had this problem myself, and i'm not the only one

It could be the Voltage Regulator in the Alternator or a bad earth.

Also, don't touch the Glass of the Bulbs when you replace them as that makes them blow quicker, use some latex gloves.

Well both havent blow as such, the left hand one doesnt come on at all, and the right hand one smokes and eventually explodes, as in shatters, however the high beam still comes on, strangley.

Back