headlight ecu relay box

Hi

My headlight ecu is clicking and 1 headlight isn't working.

I have tried to find a dry joint within the box but it all looks ok!

Is this a common fault? I haven't really found much by searching. One guy had a similar issue which turned out to be a broken wire iirc!

Could it be a loose corroded connection? Or will it be a the relay box knackered?

Thanks
Kev

On the K11s this is usually down to one of the plastic headlight connectors melting, check the connection to your headlights, if one is melted/corroded, chop it off and replace it! :)

On the K11s this is usually down to one of the plastic headlight connectors melting, check the connection to your headlights, if one is melted/corroded, chop it off and replace it! :)

Excellent, thankyou very much.

The plug for the dodgy headlight did look slightly suspect. Ill replace it tonight :D

Thanks again
Kev

Cool ill just get some new plugs today from the scrap yard and fit a new one on both sides :)

Hopefully be driving it every day soon, missfire has come back again for the minute though so need to fix that and fit a new gearbox then we are all good :)

Ok I never managed to fix this and the car needs to go for mot.

I had been driving everwhere on full beam but that's not ideal for mot test.

The plugs where replaced for much newer ones but it didn't make any difference at all.

I found some dry joints in the relay, which I resoldered and resolved the problem for about 2hours.

Neither head light works on dip beam but both sides and high beams work.

Any ideas?

Oh and both lights come on fine if you manually fire the relay with a pencil.

Please help :)

Back