Headlight relay

Still have a problem with my headlights. Relay buzzing and just the lefthand main beam is flickering. The RH side has no problems. The problem is intermittent though and sometimes they come straight on. I tried a replacement relay from a scrapper but it is still unreliable. I am not sure about the wiring path and where the earth points are. Is there a separate earth for the lefthand side and could this be the fault? I have checked the connector to the lamp and that is not burnt. Maybe I should look at the fuses but that would be common to both sides I guess. Further to existing similar threads - maybe I should change the connectors to the lamp anyway. I found the problem there was getting the right size spades.. 15 amp is too small and 35 amp is too big. Auto shops don't seem to carry any others. Suggestions welcome.

Ta

The connector on my light wasn't burnt when i had a similar issue but replacing it fixed the problem

Cheers

Havnt we had this one before?

Its the electrical contacts inside your steering wheel on the lights/indicator stalk.

yes idicator stalk is your problem, if you become a member you can see a guide i made on how to fix it rather than replacing the stalk

Thanks for the assist I will take a look. The relay in the engine compartment is the dim/dip thingy or something according to the Haynes.. and certainly I can unplug all wires from it and still get the righthand headlight on.
The stalk eh.. oh buddha.

Back