Head gasket problem

CMF_demonical

» CMF Member
Could a blown head gasket result in smoking in the sump ventilation.A friend of mine was mapping the car with the new Megasquirt ECU and after a one of the 3rd gear pulls it went in to Subaru mode :D :D (3 cyl) no strange smoke from the exhaust.This morning i unplugged the sump vent that one to the dizzy and it smoked from there :(

CMF_demonical

» CMF Member
No it's naturally aspirated cg13de with cg10 pistons and some headwork,i guess the base maps we run had a too big advance setting and melted something.Will report back when i open it up.

CMF_demonical

» CMF Member
Some progress did a compression test and all of the cylinders were near 15.8 bar :O i guess something with the gauge might be wrong butt all 4 were almost equal, tryed letting the ventilation open with two hoses going down to the side of the gearbox butt it was smoking pretty much :D :D so returned them to the original state one to the maniford and the other one in the airbox.Overall the car is pulling good, when you run it
10-50 % tps it's running smooth when you blip the trottle it bogs for a sec and then revs.The main problem is when driving lets say in 3 rd on 3k rpm and you decide to overtake and give it WOT just then you can hear that one of the cilinders is missfiring.

Back