Custom Head Gasket required

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I need "now" someone (preferably in Vic)who can make me a custom head-gasket for the Micra.

I was told about one place but it's a 2month wait. I need the car on the road again in 3 weeks.

Personal experience of a quality job done preferred.

Mychael

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Story so far. They replied quite quickly to my e-mail. They can only make composite head gaskets, not solid copper ones. They would need an old gasket for a pattern.
I'm waiting back for another reply to my question as to how much for the job, how long and if their composite gaskets are better quality then stock.

Mychael

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Hey Mychael have you heard back from them? I would like a better than stock gasket for my forged engine. I have a brand new un-used stock one that could be used as a template if it helps. Mine will be for a turbo setup.

CMF_620racer

» CMF Member
Hey guy's,

There is a guy north of Adelaide who makes head gaskets to your required thickness, from a sample.

Had several done for race engines over the years, they were always easy to get along with but it's been a while.

There name funnily enough is Copper Gaskets.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Sorry guys. No news, by the time I got a sample I really needed to get mobile again.. So replaced head studs again with another brand. Purchased two different brands of stock gaskets and choose what seemed to be best.

Took car to a tuner with a dyno and rechecked everything.

Timing was 12deg too far advanced, mixture a bit rich. We re-timed, re-set the haltech, new H/T leads, cleaned the injectors.

Apart from timing being out we are still none the wiser as to the reason for the failure. Confirmed boost maxs out at 4psi so well within a safety margin.. All we can do now is hope.

The mob I was going to use to make a head gasket quoted me around $160.

Mychael

Back