Head Gasket

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
OK took all the leads of the injectors

Took out the distributor and disconnected the power transistor

Then I placed each injector lead back one by one starting at 4 towards 1 while turning the distributor

2,3 and 4 all clicked

1 didn't click

So I took the lead from one and placed it on injector 2 the injector worked

Took the same lead from one and tried the 3 injectors I had lying around and non of them click

Then I tried the spare injectors on the other leads and they didn't work

So could my fuel rail be blocked between injector 1 and 2. there for my spare injectors and the one in cylinder 1 not work as there's no pressure to assist them. I've seen piloted valves in pnuematic valves at work.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Lx_Micra WROTE:

"They all read 11 ohms the Haynes book I think said 10 ohms is good so seem fine in that regard
that could just be a stuck needle in a good coil tho eh, sounds to me like you have 4 duff injectors and 3 good ones.
i would test each injector on lead #4 and see how many are clicking first

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
Can I apply 12v on it and air pressure down the manifold on a bench to try get it moving again. I assume there all stuck due to not being used the car had been driven very rarely lately. Or should I look for some at the local wreckers.

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
ok here is the update i found another spare injector at home and got the car going also in the mean time got 4 injectors on the rail for $40. so the car is going again. and have spare injectors which i will keep with petrol on them in a air tight bag apparently that's why they go bad. thank you all for your help much appreciated.

Back