Head Bolts size/ Head studs and decompression plate/headgasket

Im thinking about building a turbo cg13 engine to drop in to a micra, but I couldn't find any head stud kits nor the size of the head bolts to enquire about custom head studs because I want to run mad boost. The most boost I have seen someone run is 17psi, I want to run 20-22psi, I know that I will have to lower the compression I know of the custom 2mm copper head gaskets that lower the compression to 9.1:1 from the standard 9.5:1 but i was thinking about lowering the compressions to 8.5:1, but i don't know how thick the decompression plate would be, or would running custom low compression pistons be better on budget?

Head studs are M10. ARP Part No. 151-4203 studs fit and are readily available.

Out of interest, why 20-22psi? What power/torque are you trying to achieve?

I would like 220hp or in that region, I will only need 20psi boost to achieve that hp figure, 17psi made 200hp. Thanks for the part number as well, will add that to the parts list.

2mm is about the maximum that the lower chain will allow alfredo, did they use stock pistons on that 200hp build ?

They used custom SPS Forged 2mm taller crown on custom PAR forged billet rods that were 2mm shorter, that gave 8.2:1 compression, which is really the compression ratio that i should really go for with 20psi

yh, i was thinking of using a universal kit from devilsown with their 4 port direct injection upgrade, i still need to find out the information for nozzle sizing (whether the nozzle size has to be quartered because its split from 1 nozzle to 4, so it injects the right amount, im not sure yet though...)

Back