head bolts

S

scoot

:k10: aaargh went to do my top end today and took out the new cylinder head bolts and theyre too long grr when i put the head on (dummy run)the bolts were about an inch to long when they were screwed in the box they came in had a list of numbers on it which meant nothing to me they were cg10de,cg13de,ma12..
998/1235/1275cc2 when i ordered the bolts i gave engine size model and k10 the guy said that was ok though when i phoned it was 5.20 an they close at 5.30 so he maybe couldnt be bothererd to go through the list ? looks like ill be taking them back tomorrow

the engine number your looking for is ma10, the cg10de and cg13de are the 1l and 1.3 for the k11 and the ma12 is for a 1.2 k10. I think.... :D Either Sammo is right and you put the wrong screw in the wrong hole or they gave ya the wrong box :p

were thay all the same length?

perhaps you fitted a long one in a hole where a short on out of the kit should have went?

:k10: hi the bolts were all the same length though some had the threads cut shorter?along the shaft

if theres a blank at the top of the shaft thats to help pull down the head as bolts all the way to the top can hold things apart. As I said, if they're the same length then its the wrong pack, you need a pack thats for a MA10 engine - not sure if theres specific sets for the MA10ET, MA10S etc.

Edit: Wikipedia has a fairly useful article on the different engine types and other info on the micra, linky:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Micra

i love wiki for all the info that's on it...but why don't they have the ma12... makes me a sad panda :down: maybe one of the members here should whip up a page for it :upside: or heck, it could even be a team effort eh?

Back