Head spacer plate

M

mr.grassie

I was just wondering...

Im running a turbo'd cg13de lump with a 2mm spacer plate to lower the compression.

the plate is sealed in with a headgasket on one side, and Curil t sealant on the other. Seems to be holding, but iv always got the worry of the head gasket popping on me (especialy when quarter'ing it).

Would it work if i were to fit a head gasket to either side of the plate, would this drop compression too much?

Is there any companys out there that can make uprated thinner head gaskets for this engine?

I have plenty of power, but i need reliability.

Any feedback welcome.

When you have the money and if you are interested there are two companies, one in america and the other one in australia that make rods and pistons for a forced induction set-up on the micra.

Talk to newmeraimports or Shin at prospec and they can import you a copper headgasket

If you provide me with a CG13DE headgasket I can get you a copper one. This is something I plan to stock soon.

and im now thinking mr grassie owns the car that someone posted up about a few weeks back saying how fast it was,,and most people thought it was jo's red turbo,,but obv not :D

Guilty as charged.

I am the Mr Grassie that frequents Dundee and surrounding areas, terrorising anything with a Gti or Rs badge.

My little baby is dark red with 15's and a 10cm exhaust.

Back