Hate to work..Hated at work

Micra 110

Site Supporter
After being off work with Depression my mate has finally started a new job. He's been there 2 weeks. The other day he mentioned about the attitude of one of the workers. This person who he had never met before apparently turned to him and said,
"I don't like you and if you want anything don't bother asking"

Quite an attitude i'd say, it's bad enough going to work in the first place without having to contend with that everyday! :glare:

Does anyone else have this problem?
Any reasons to why they don't like you?
What would you do?
What have you done?

im lucky, there is only 3 of us where i work and we are all well good mate, that includes the boss lol.

i would of asked why he dont like me, and whatever the reason try and resolve it or if he just says "because i dont" kinda thing just leave with the line," ill remember that next time you need help". Then depending on how much he annoyed you, let 2 of his tyres down and on the way home mention you have a 12volt compressor in the boot for such an occasion, but oh we did we say earlier??

I get bits of that at work as im the youngest / female / newest (been here 5yr like) against middle aged - 60yr old men who've done this since they were my age but im the type of person to stand up for myself and go in with guns blazing.

I ask people who have a problem with me, what their problem is, be upfront and around other people, then it puts them on the spot they either tell you out right or just say nothing and mumble on suitably embarassed.

I have had both happen to me when ive confronted people and it generally clears the air when i show them i aint standing for their ####, and that i can do my job just as good as they do theirs.

well, i finished my girlfriend a few weeks ago and a few days after she was 'with' my cousin! so i hated her for it, unfortunatley we work together, and i think shes been telling stories because i keep gettin snide looks and people talking behind my back from my team (you can tell since they talk quietly and glance ant you alot)
luckily we work in different areas of the warehouse so i can stay out of their way.
the way i look at it is people are going to have their opinions and thoughts, it takes someone bigger to not let it bother them and just walk away

although, does your mates work involve communicating with people? (since i work in different areas i can afford to walk away=D)

everywhere you work there always one person that doesnt get on with you! just show them your not standing for it! when my mate started working at a garage a bloke he worked with didnt like him, he tried getting my mate in an head lock and hitting him...my mate wasnt standing for it and turnned around an hit him! the bloke never bothers him now they get on like mates now!

its never really happened to me...i get people saying yearh your micra is crap and all from people, but we do get on! just they dont like micras lol

I used to work in a warehouse over the summer in between studies and there was this 30ish year old retard who would be alright one minute and hurl abuse the next, it would always be indirect so i wasnt about to look like a pansy by reporting it, but i figured hes always been a tw#t so he always will be so i left it. I nearly retaliated one day but im glad i didnt now cos my mum and dad moved house last year and now we live up the road from him! grr

There's this woman in my office who compained about me not doing my hours, I presented my manager with a log of my daily routine, she's been off with stress ever since - Fat #####.

the one person that hated me at work cost me my job.

they ran around behind my back making up stories to the point where even the area manager and company head of HR believed her (part timer) over me (store deputy manager) and i was asked to leave even though they had no proof of any wrong doing.

that was november 17th and i havent worked since...

the one person that hated me at work cost me my job.

they ran around behind my back making up stories to the point where even the area manager and company head of HR believed her (part timer) over me (store deputy manager) and i was asked to leave even though they had no proof of any wrong doing.

that was november 17th and i havent worked since...

mate they can't fire you without proof, sue their asses!

you can only be fired on the spot if it is proven gross missconduct, which requires an investigation and you will be presented with all the findings and given a hearing to argue your case. if it is just misconduct you get all of the above but also 2 weeks minimum notice, and everything below that is a written warning at worst. you can take them to court and sue them, if you need money then do it! and then buy my nipples and give me a T25 for being so supportive lol

you can only be fired on the spot if it is proven gross missconduct, which requires an investigation and you will be presented with all the findings and given a hearing to argue your case. if it is just misconduct you get all of the above but also 2 weeks minimum notice, and everything below that is a written warning at worst.

lol how do you know that NeX? :wasntme: lol

you can only be fired on the spot if it is proven gross missconduct, which requires an investigation and you will be presented with all the findings and given a hearing to argue your case. if it is just misconduct you get all of the above but also 2 weeks minimum notice, and everything below that is a written warning at worst. you can take them to court and sue them, if you need money then do it! and then buy my nipples and give me a T25 for being so supportive lol

I was sacked last sunday with no notice, warnings or real explanation and I threatened legal action. I've since had a nice, but not huge, amount of money appear in my bank! lol

everywhere you work there always one person that doesnt get on with you!

everyone in my work gets along really well we all go out all the time and party some of my best friends are my work mates even the boss gets along with everyone

so thats wrong :p

mate they can't fire you without proof, sue their asses!

thats the thing - they asked him to leave, so in actuality he (probably) quit rather then being sacked (correct me if i'm wrong), leaving no oppertunity for recourse...

alot of companys ask this, as basically it makes life so much easier as it saves them the hassle of an official investigation, plus theres less chance of the accused taking legal action....

moral of this (Antonys) story is fight the barstards tooth and nail - what you got to loose..

an overly zelous tempory manager at work tried to issue me with a written warning a few years ago - company policy states you have to sign to say you've recieved and read the letter before it goes on file, so i refused to sign without having a solicter present - once the regional manager saw that it would cost the company solicters fees etc, and reviewed the charge, the action was dropped... its all a case of knowing your rights, and knowing when to fight and when to take it on the chin and move on...

Micra 110 - my advice to your friend is just ignore the guy and get on with doing the job, theres always gonna be folk like that about....

yeah man there is always a know it all and people who think they are better than you .....AT THE END OF THE DAY I GO TO WORK DO MY JOB THEN GO HOME lol thats it im not bothered about the silly people at work imo

yes i quit.

the way i saw it, and the way the investigation was going, it would have been gross misconduct and proffesional misconduct due to my senior possition. i was told that there is a very high possibility of being dismissed. the area manager taking the investigation has been my friend for 6 years and had a talk with me telling me that the way the statements read, it would be better to jump rather than wait to get pushed and explain to a future employer that you were fired for miscunduct.

so i jumped!. and it wasnt a choice i would have made not having known the thoughts of the area manager. he has allways been extrememly nice and very helpfull to me, inviting me to his birthday party and getting me the job in the first place.

my sercumstances though, were a little bit twisted. and it was all down to one biatch who had a grudge against any male authority, her previous store manager was disiplined over her, my manager was under investigation over her and she managed to get me fired.... after she left!!!

not a nice person at all!

yes i quit.

the way i saw it, and the way the investigation was going, it would have been gross misconduct and proffesional misconduct due to my senior possition. i was told that there is a very high possibility of being dismissed. the area manager taking the investigation has been my friend for 6 years and had a talk with me telling me that the way the statements read, it would be better to jump rather than wait to get pushed and explain to a future employer that you were fired for miscunduct.

so i jumped!. and it wasnt a choice i would have made not having known the thoughts of the area manager. he has allways been extrememly nice and very helpfull to me, inviting me to his birthday party and getting me the job in the first place.

my sercumstances though, were a little bit twisted. and it was all down to one biatch who had a grudge against any male authority, her previous store manager was disiplined over her, my manager was under investigation over her and she managed to get me fired.... after she left!!!

not a nice person at all!

thats harsh mate, i am starting to regret not quitting while i had the chance, i have had people just put the phone down after mentioning gross misconduct, its a difficult thing to shake.

but i hate people who are just out on a mission to screw everything up for everyone else, i have met far to many people like that.

I was given a minutes notice for disabling one of the vans they said i removed the spark plug leads lmao, I got this in writing before i took legal action against them, Not only did i get compo for unfair dismisal I made the manager look a complete idiot........the vans are diesel hahahahahahaha and my job back. it wasnt the plug leads i removed enough said

Back