Handling mods: What order?

Please help me to get my HANDLING mods in the right? order....

I am thinking...(in order)
1. Wheels & tyres
2. Shocks, Springs & bushes
3. Strut Brace(s)
4. Anti roll bars

Anything else for me to consider?

Advise me Oh wise ones.....

Shocks, Springs & bushes with a Anti roll bar on standard wheels your k10 will handle great like a go cart :D

Ive done these three:

1. Wheels & tyres
3. Strut Brace(s)

No Anti roll bars and the handling is AMAZING

Arnold said:
Ive done these three:

1. Wheels & tyres
3. Strut Brace(s)

No Anti roll bars and the handling is AMAZING

you should drive mine then mate! perhaps ill let you have a burn tomoz ;)

only so far got alloys fitted with decent yoko tyres

was giving it some spirited driving last night and and i found it understeered a lot when cornering fast, it really does need shocks and springs

it wouldnt help having adjustable camber at the front as its probably designed to do this from the factory to make it more predicatable to drive

who has fitted a rear arb to a 1.0?? do you think it makes a big diffrence to the car?

i cant get the bolts out of the bushes on one side of the links, there stuck in big time, hammers have been used with no avail, going to have another go at x-mas.

i have also notices on the front wishbones they seem to have holes for drop links for a front arb is this true, maybe a figaro one will bolt on?

i saw some parts on ebay a while back for a front ARB for the k10 i thought it was an inncorrect listing lol if the figaro has one it will be a direct fit to the k10 ;)

I had yokos on my k10 with the above mods and it understeered loads too - nearly span out in the wet once and that was a very sharp bend at 20mph!

I changed these for Toyo's and now the handling is great! wet or dry conditions.

Speedle, we'l talk about that tomorrow - but im not kidding, the handling is great & i've done more suspension upgrades than you have :p

OHC - slightly off topic but the spoiler will be with you tomorrow

Cheers
Arnold

was giving it some spirited driving last night and and i found it understeered a lot when cornering fast, it really does need shocks and springs
This is due to the fact that with the wider tyres all round you are effectively spreading the weight of the micra over a larger surface area, effectively making it 'less grippy' in the wet and damp conditions. Kind of counter productive really.

it wouldnt help having adjustable camber at the front as its probably designed to do this from the factory to make it more predicatable to drive

Probably a little yeah, less contact at the front would improve the grip but i'm not sure what the back would do as there is effectively still very little weight at the back and alot of tyre to spread it on (you'd probably be saying hi to the back end quite often!)

AFAIK anyway

Speedle, we'l talk about that tomorrow - but im not kidding, the handling is great & i've done more suspension upgrades than you have :p

i did more than you on my old k10 and the super s is much better than that was ;) i know what im talking about girl pants ;)

and youve only done 1 more than me :p

Speedle said:

good find ! i bet the super turbo has a front arb, im surprised that the super s hasnt got one tbh

cheers for the spoiler mate, looking forward to fitting that

next mod for me is to finish the rear arb i started, got one side changed over just the other side now.

youre right about the front camber, correct it too much and it would make it tail happy round bends, it will help with a bit though

still interested in youre ideas about the rear strut bar, be good to see if we could get some produced for cheap.

going onto something else, i red on here somewhere that a adjustable k11 front stut bar could be made to fit on the k10 with just redrilling the bolt holes, is this true and also simarly a nova front bar woud fit on a k10?

ohc_turbo said:
good find ! i bet the super turbo has a front arb, im surprised that the super s hasnt got one tbh

still interested in youre ideas about the rear strut bar, be good to see if we could get some produced for cheap.

going onto something else, i red on here somewhere that a adjustable k11 front stut bar could be made to fit on the k10 with just redrilling the bolt holes, is this true and also simarly a nova front bar woud fit on a k10?

yes the nova and k11 srut bars can be made to fit, i would recomend getting a nova one as they are cheap as chips ;) as for the rear sturt bars once my mate has made one i will see how many he can make and how much for were probably talking about £20 all in including materials i will let you all know ;)

i believe IIRC someone saying that the k11 ARB will fit the k10. but i could be wrong i will find out tommorow ;)

speedle, did you get any further in the rear bars, a simple bar cut to size and welded in between the two struts will be fine and the k11 front arb, has anyone measured this?

Just to say the March ST has both front and rear anti roll bars, and it handles 1000x better than any K10 without. Untill you have tried them dont knock them. Also that ebay antroll bar auction looks nothing like the ones I have..

Other than that DECENT tyres. I dont believe those who say they really can tell the difference with a strut brace as no offence guys, the K10 really doesnt have the power to stress its chassis that much.

anto roll bars do make a big difference, and no K10 apart from the ST even has a front anti roll bar.

Also, a stut brace does make a difference.

i bet figaros have a front anti roll bar, i want to know if a k11 arb will fit on the k10

the figaro does have a front ARB, im pretty sure the k11 ARB will fit but as of yet i havnt been able to get one to test it ;)

I dont think the normal K10 chassis even has front anti roll bar mounts.

the wishbone does have holes in it to mount an ARB acording to the figaro boys ive spoken to they use standard k10 wishbones and their arb then fit back on without modification

it definatly has holes for the drop links, dont know where the bar would go though, might be able to get hold of a k11 arb soon, going to measure it first though

speedle did you say you was going to enquire about making a rear brace for the k10

this one looks feasible and cheap to make

http://i14.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/14/68/c2_1_b.JPG

another type would be a bar actually welded to the towers in the back probably made of 2 1/4 inch pipe, ive got a bit of pipe in the garage, maybe tommorow ill give this idea a shot as ive seen t done before and the owners have noticed imporvements

Speedle said:
the wishbone does have holes in it to mount an ARB acording to the figaro boys ive spoken to they use standard k10 wishbones and their arb then fit back on without modification

does the k10 chassis (car body) have the holes and mounting points in it for the brackets that holds the anti roll bar to the body of the car

No, thats what I've already said im 99% sure of this. As for the fig owners, I dont know, but I had to drill holes in standard micra ones to get the ST ones to fit.... I imagine that the ST has larger antiroll bar. another thing is that the ST bar is totally solid, not a tube, and as such is pretty heavy.

I doubt the chassis has hole allready there to mount a front anti roll bar, but i'll soon find out when i strip mine down to fit one.

ive just found out that even a figaro dosent come with a front anti roll bar, so yuove got to ask why do the wishbones have the holes for the droplinks? weird, maybe a anti roll bar off another car can be modded to fit like off a nova pug 106 or any car lie that, might work

could someone tell me if that is k10 micra's front anti roll bar?
ARB.jpg

If it is... where do I install it? does someone have any photos of k10's front arb actually installed on the car?

Looks like it.

On another note, my K11 doesnt have them as standard (but I know Super S's did), so I guess I could fit some?

Retepetsir said:
Looks like it.

On another note, my K11 doesnt have them as standard (but I know Super S's did), so I guess I could fit some?

Yes they do :) Better off just buying the Whiteline front, and rear anit-roll bars :) shouldnt be that expensive

i started a thread about the rear anti role bar on the k10 a while back. This has some good pics if anyones interested.

http://micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=8836

As far as i am aware the mounting holes are already on all k10s apart from the 1.0 face lift model. I may be wrong but im under the impression that only the pre face lift and 1.2s have the correct mounting bars.#

lol, well i lose too :( but if you go the scrap yard and find a k10 with a rear anti role bar the just take the mounts off with it and they should fit right on. thats what i hope to do one day when i find one.

Back