Hand Brake Light Stuck On!

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Came home from work this morning and noticed the handbrake and warning light was stuck on,
Now the handbrake still works (i hope) just the lights are stuck on i tried pressing down the sensor and it's not stuck (springs back up)

Any help would be great!

Shaun

Same as me!!! Still havnt found a solution tried everything that was mentioned in my post, its really annoying me now lol if you found outwhat it is let me know mate!:)

as frank said, could well be brake fluid is low in the reservoir (little splastic container in the engine bay with a black lid) but i have noticed that my handbrake on/off switch (tells the car whether the handbrake is on which illuminates the light) is not adjusted right so it might be that also.

as frank said, could well be brake fluid is low in the reservoir (little splastic container in the engine bay with a black lid) but i have noticed that my handbrake on/off switch (tells the car whether the handbrake is on which illuminates the light) is not adjusted right so it might be that also.

Just checked the fluid and it's dead centre between min & max so don't think it's that.
it only stayed on this morning after work grr

Thats what it ment in my other nissan - low brake fluid level. top it upto 3/4 and see if the light goes out :)

the level may wobble about when your driving.

When my brake pads on the K10 got low, the light started appearing when I went around rooundabouts and so on. Topped the fluid up and it stopped. However, when I changed the pads, there was too much fluid so I had to use a turkey baster!! Lol. :suspect:

When my brake pads on the K10 got low, the light started appearing when I went around rooundabouts and so on. Topped the fluid up and it stopped. However, when I changed the pads, there was too much fluid so I had to use a turkey baster!! Lol. :suspect:
Well you may be right aswell then... as my pads are fairly low and need a new set of pads & discs... well i think i'll sort that out first then and see if it goes out then top up fluid after if need be :grinning:

Thanks again guys let you know what happens...

members have posted up before that the fluid level looked ok, then when they eventually topped it up the light went out :p

members have posted up before that the fluid level looked ok, then when they eventually topped it up the light went out :p

Well just ordered some brake discs and pads I need some anyways and I'll top up the fluid too.

Sorted... went over Mckenziecz's and topped it up a little with some fluid and light went off like normal, where did the other bit go though? lol

Because the pads/shoes got low, the pistons were extended out further than normal. Therefore, the fluid has gone nowhere, only down the tubes and so on as it should do. Remember though, get a turkey baster or something to hand when replacing the brake pads as when you retract the pistons, the excess may spill out of the resevoir and onto some bodywork etc.

on k11,s its usually a sign that the notorious rear cylinders are leaking too :eek:
Any Tell Tale Signs of that Frank? other than leaking as it's wet outside :(

Because the pads/shoes got low, the pistons were extended out further than normal. Therefore, the fluid has gone nowhere, only down the tubes and so on as it should do. Remember though, get a turkey baster or something to hand when replacing the brake pads as when you retract the pistons, the excess may spill out of the resevoir and onto some bodywork etc.

Siringe in hand (Y)

Any Tell Tale Signs of that Frank? other than leaking as it's wet outside :(

a weak handbrake and a wet backplate shaun, mine and my misses,s only leak very slowly, and i just soak up the excess under the rubbers and sand the shoes before every mot (but if yours is flooded/soaked, you,ll need new cylinders eh)

a weak handbrake and a wet backplate shaun, mine and my misses,s only leak very slowly, and i just soak up the excess under the rubbers and sand the shoes before every mot (but if yours is flooded/soaked, you,ll need new cylinders eh)
Ahhhhhhhh I have weak handbrake :( well another lesson for me to learn. (Y)

Back