had it2 days and its bust already speedo fault

right the speedo has decided not to work properly it either doesn't move or moves a bit then sticks anyway what you think it is ? k12 1.2 sx

Where did you buy it? If it's from a dealership, i imagine they'd repair it.

yeh if its a dealer take it back!

if not take it to a nissan garage, unless another k12 onwer knows what it is?

spoken to a dealer he said yeah it will just be the speedo that needs replacing £580 + £60 labour now to tell the garage i bought it from lol

it will reset the mileage to 0 though so i wonder if that will cause issues when i try to sell it :s i may just take photos of the speedo before hand as evidence

my dads old beemer had this problem, the car had been standing for a long time on the forecourt before he bought it... i presumed it had dryed up or something so i manged (JUST) to get some oil on the workings and its still sticks a bit, but not that much now. a way to tell if its this is to reset the trip meter. if it clocks up milage but no speed then its still working but the needle is stuck, maybe you can sort it yourself?? if not, does it stick at a certain speed? maybe its an error code for something? my mates bike got stuck at 55mph as soon as the ignition came on. this was error for throttle position sensor lol!
hope this helps.

PS: 500+ for a speedo!!!! bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiimy

Back