group by strut braces

fox1983

Deactivated Account
is anyone interested in a group buy if it can be interested
i have found a coumpany who are often selling them on german ebay was going to contact them for a deal if anyone was interested
if not does anyone know of a welder who could make some up and offer a good price on them

fox1983 said:
is anyone interested in a group buy if it can be interested
i have found a coumpany who are often selling them on german ebay was going to contact them for a deal if anyone was interested
if not does anyone know of a welder who could make some up and offer a good price on them

i think ed did a "cut and shut" strut brace for kis k10..ask him

if ed reads this if u can make some what sort of price would u be looking at for them bearing in mine it has to clear a k and n bolt on

Hmm intersting. Get me some pics of the K&N it has to clear, if i get enough interest perhaps Ill design sometihng.

expressed my interest in a group buy for a brace in a previous thread but i think it stalled....

Assuming the other one is stalled that count me in!

While we're on the subject...I think Im ckear on the theory of a strut brace but cant see how the rigidity is acheived. I can see that the Bar(s) are easily adequate, but I just cant visualise how the method of fixing the brace to the bodywork can prevent movement in all horizontal directions.

Is it it just the bolts going through the body work that prevents the sideways movement w.r.t the other side?...or something else?

cheers.

SammoHung said:
While we're on the subject...I think Im ckear on the theory of a strut brace but cant see how the rigidity is acheived. I can see that the Bar(s) are easily adequate, but I just cant visualise how the method of fixing the brace to the bodywork can prevent movement in all horizontal directions.

Is it it just the bolts going through the body work that prevents the sideways movement w.r.t the other side?...or something else?

cheers.

yes it stops the actuall suspension from moving more than it should.this is where you see most improvment.but it will help the inner wings from flexing too

A strut brace on a K10 with wider / decent tyres and suspension mods makes a HUGE difference! I paid three figures for mine and have no regrets.

I think anyone with a K10 should buy one

Funny you say that arnold, I'm still not convinced mine has made any difference! lol, I want a bottom front cross brace however, I'm pretty sure the wishbone mounts flex quite alot when I do santapod launches etc

Ed said:
Funny you say that arnold, I'm still not convinced mine has made any difference! lol, I want a bottom front cross brace however, I'm pretty sure the wishbone mounts flex quite alot when I do santapod launches etc

Well im amazed how your car handles mate, ive said that to you when we've been in it! Maybe there's something on the ST that's designed to cope with the additional power / roll etc already, making the strut brace useless for you!? I dunno.

Well it does have a front anti-roll bar, that is the only difference that I have seen.

im going to be makeing one on the weekend il take some pics if anyone wants 1 im sure i can get it done

Ed said:
Well it does have a front anti-roll bar, that is the only difference that I have seen.

That's prob it!!! Hardly any k10's have the anti-roll bars. But i can say i have felt a diff in Arnolds car just being in the passenger seat. The car feel's a lot safer tbh when driving at a resonable speed round bend's!!!

And Arnold, you can't buy your strut brace anymore anyway can u?!!!

Ems said:
But i can say i have felt a diff in Arnolds car just being in the passenger seat. The car feel's a lot safer tbh when driving at a resonable speed round bend's!!!

Crikey!! You saying my car, safe and reasonable speed in the same sentence!! that's a definite first!!! :laugh: :p

Ems said:
And Arnold, you can't buy your strut brace anymore anyway can u?!!!

You probably could. I asked a jap performance company what K10 stuff they stocked, and they had these, along with a few nismo parts for the ST. LSD's n stuff like that! to think the bar only cost around £40, the whole order came to nearly three times that in postage, bank fees & customs costs!! madness

Arnold said:
Crikey!! You saying my car, safe and reasonable speed in the same sentence!! that's a definite first!!! :laugh: :p

Ok i take that back, i'll modify it to.......when we first started going out!!! :p

Arnold said:
You probably could. I asked a jap performance company what K10 stuff they stocked, and they had these, along with a few nismo parts for the ST. LSD's n stuff like that! to think the bar only cost around £40, the whole order came to nearly three times that in postage, bank fees & customs costs!! madness

Remember any names by any chance?!!!

ok well im just about to take the pics so il get them up in the next couple of days so ed can look into making them il email them to ed to so i make sure he gets them

Back