Strut Braces

Krian

Fear me, for I am Onibaku
Hi

I was reading some of the posts about strut braces and saw that a few people on here were considering making them and selling them, I was just wondering if anyone is? I had a quick search on the web for em, (including Alex Motorsports, but that was japanese, and the english version only had details for honda's) and couldn't really find anything.

If anyone is making them for the K10 i'd be really interested in buying one.

Thanks.

Edit: Had a quick look on ebay but could only find em for the k11, and I wanted to check, front strut braces increase oversteer, whilst rear increase understeer yeah?

Krian said:
front strut braces increase oversteer, whilst rear increase understeer yeah?

interesting...I think I can picture it..but I dont have any technical explaination for this one.

I guess you will only be able to notice any changes of this sort though if your traction is poor to begin with.

Anyone?

Well, i'm kinda hoping to notice it a bit :blush: My lil car turns like a beached whale at the moment, not sure if its a problem with all models or just my car, or my fairly hefty weight in the front seat...

I was kinda under the impression that the increased rigidity in the front would decrease the lateral movement so that the effect of centrifugal force during the turn would be slightly increased in the rear, as the majority of lateral movement would occur there, causing a bit of an increase in oversteer.

I may have gotten the physics completely wrong (didn't pay too much attention in secondary - I was interested more in our young female teacher than in the actual lesson. :devil: )

At the mo anything that'll help the car turn a little tighter would be a big plus :down:

my big turn tightener was my first and only mod so far:

Front wheels and tyres:
Was: 13x5J steel oem wheel with 155/75/R13 budget
Now: 14x6J steel oem from sunny GTI with 175/50/R14 Goodyear eagle NCT-3's

this is all ive done so far and for me it was a massive difference but I realise that theres so much more potential to be had with some new suspension

(my next mod before the back wheels & tyres)

just to let u know were in the process of getting some pics to ed of the k and n in the engine bay so he can design and hopefully make some for us

Email alex motorsports if your genuinly interested. There's a guy there that speaks english and will reply to your emails with a price.

People are always mentioning the rear anti role bars on here. On the 1.2 k10s i think. Just wondering if anyojne has any pictures of these so i kinow what to look for?

Asked a bloke at halfords about em today, who told me they didnt do anything for the micra, and my best bet was to log onto www.micra.org.uk and ask if anyone was selling them :laugh:

If Ed's still planning on making them then he can put me down for a pair, if not i'll try Alex Motorsports.

Cheers.

il get pics done tomorrow if weathers ok then email them to him but i would say that i doubt that its going to cost more for the one from ed as it is to import one

i have pictures of my old strut brace, id suggest talking to kev he did a group buy a few years abck from a german company which is how i got mine a while back :) making one would be very simple if you know someone who can weld ;)

I bought an adjustable Nova brace off the bay for about £30, it nearly fitted. had to chop it, turn the plates round 90degrees and reweld the bar to the them. works like a charm. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Back