Got a couple of problems...

S

Si_Andy

...which i could use a little help with.

1. The first one is that the indicator stalk won't cancel on exit of roundabouts (in one direction only, can't remember which).

2. Steering wheel is slightly out of alignment - 2 or 3 degrees...

3. Not a problem, but what size are the speakers in the front and rear?

Apart from that, just wanted to know what spark plugs and oil you guys recommend. I'll get a Nissan Fuel Filter, Oil Filter and Air Filter.

This car won't be modded unfortunately, i'm gonna save some cash before i upgrade (in a year or so) to something bigger once again.

Thanks! :)

because if your tracking is off it causes the car to pull to one side.

Meaning you may need to have your wheel turned 2 or 3 degrees to go straight

if the engine has coil packs then you DONT want the ngk spark plugs

if it ht leads then ngk spark plugs

for oil just any 10w40 will do, no piont using anything fansie as oil is oil and fansie stuff normally goes thin quicker

if the engine has coil packs then you DONT want the ngk spark plugs

Why Fordy? I have NGKs in my 1.4 auto.. well I went by the book..

3. Not a problem, but what size are the speakers in the front and rear?
6.5" fronts max depth is 54mm..

and IM highly unprofessional opinion the indicator stalk sounds knackered

Nice one guys.
I'm going with the a stalk fault myself... sounds like the only possible cause.
As for the tracking, the car goes straight as a nail.

I'll have a play this weekend!

Why Fordy? I have NGKs in my 1.4 auto.. well I went by the book..

well your book is wrong, nissan state that the plugs that are meant to be used in the coil pack engines are FR8DCX, i have fixed coil pack engine faults lkike hesitation and holding back and misfiring by just changing to the right spark plugs

So what is this issue with your steering wheel? lol

If you drive in a straight line, the wheel is slightly off centre... so, seems out of alignment.

I remember when i fitted a MOMO wheel to my Primera, that when you remove the wheel there is a spigot with a series of splines. If the wheel has been removed at any time, and fitted incorrectly then this could explain this.

Also, to add... then i did this i fitted it incorrectly the first time, and the indicators didn't cancel at the proper positions, but a few degrees out.

Think i better get my spanners out!

If you drive in a straight line, the wheel is slightly off centre... so, seems out of alignment.

I remember when i fitted a MOMO wheel to my Primera, that when you remove the wheel there is a spigot with a series of splines. If the wheel has been removed at any time, and fitted incorrectly then this could explain this.

Also, to add... then i did this i fitted it incorrectly the first time, and the indicators didn't cancel at the proper positions, but a few degrees out.

Think i better get my spanners out!

and if the wheel is straight you turn slightly?

Check your tracking

Yes my professional oppinion is to go to a garage and have them check the steering and tracking, you dont want to be taking the steering wheel off with a air bag.

Cool beans... i'll get the tracking done soon. I've got a mate that works at Just Tyres in Kenilworth ;-)

Nice one guys.
I'm going with the a stalk fault myself... sounds like the only possible cause.
this is the cause, easy to fix aswell, just get one from a scrappy
As for the tracking, the car goes straight as a nail.

the car may have been tracked up incorectly before. it is most definately the tracking causing this. unless some fool before you has decided to remove the airbag, remove the wheel and reposition the wheel,

Cheers Swiper. I'll get the replacement parts sorted soon.

Anyone know the size of the speakers on the rear shelf?

Ta.

Back