Gorilla Nuts...

I'm currently refurbing some wheels and I was gonna fit them with Gorrila nuts. I just wondered if anybody knew what size I should be ordering, and also if there are any alternative types I could maybe try?

Also, on the subject of the wheels, is there any particular type/supplier of primer/paint/lacquer I should use? I've heard to stay away from Halfords... what about Wilkos?

Is it possible to just lacquer over bare stripped steel wheels (I've stripped a set and they've come up a lovely, shiney silver which I prob won't be able to replicate with paint) or does this not provide enough protection?

What can I use to fill in any small blemishes/scratches in the wheels?

When painting rear hubs is there anything in particular I should use? I've seen people just spray them, some use Hammerite, others use heat resistant paint?

Your help is appreciated guys, I wanna do this right!​

Lacquering steel never works. It doesn't stick well enough and you'll end up with loads of horrible patches.

Cheers for the advice, I didn't think it was a good idea but thought I'd ask anyhow... Any suggestions on paint? Hoping to get them painted, or at least primed on Monday. Any brands I should use/avoid?

I'll have a look at ordering those nuts tonight. Are Gorilla a good brand? Any alternatives?

Those Gorilla nuts look good, I presume every set is different? It doesn't actually say :).

Those Gorilla nuts look good, I presume every set is different? It doesn't actually say :).
I don't think every set is different... I imagine that would be near impossible!? I think what they mean is you can only get the Gorilla lugs off with a Gorilla key for that type of lug?

Perhaps maybe not every set is different, but maybe they alter them every batch, so there are a few types in circulation at any time?

Anyone know anywhere in the UK that supplies them?

Back