Strut to knuckle nuts

Hi all- Im trying to fit new struts to my K12 Micra- I also want to swap the wishbones to try and cure an annoying suspension rattle. Its a job I've done before on Fords but here I'm stumped by the nuts! I don't mean the strut top nut- I haven't got to that yet, but the two nut/bolts that hold the strut to the hub carrier. These are beefy M12 1.5 bolts and all the manual- or You tube have to say is just undo them.... Well I these are ODD nuts. I'd expected nylocs or even plain nuts with lock washers- but these I think are aero style! At first I thought that they'd been welded onto the bolts but as I looked farther around I saw similar nuts throughout the front suspension. They each have 4 metal tabs that seem to have dug into the bolt thread as they are tightened and resist unscrewing.I'm pretty sure that the bolts will shear before these suckers release which makes these expensive single use bolts.

My question is therefore is there a correct way to remove these nuts, and once removed, can the bolts be replaced with ordinary M12s? If so what spec is needed?

thanks all
Mike

OP
OP
M
Ok it seems these nuts are called staytite or stiffinox flange nuts. I can find loads of info on how they fit at a lower torque and lock into the thread to resist loosening.. great for many applucations ... BUT nothing on how to remove them... So brute force??

OP
OP
M
Brute force seems to be the way. Just use a BF breaker bar 18mm socket on the nuts and as long a ratchet handle as you can get with a 17 socket on the bolts. Clean and lube the threads and they do come off. For ref they are M12 extra fine 1.25 threaded grade 10.9 bolts 60 mm long. Replace the staytites with grade 10 nuts and a plain + spring washer if you havent a new Nissan nut. Torque to 110 Nm