GolfYarisMastervan

j.a.kelly

Ex. Club Member
hey peeps.

I know its probably swearing... but my gf bought a Yaris Tsport 1.5, and it was lovely...she had it for ONE WEEK...then on the A1 going to newcastle we stopped in traffic and got wacked by a golf and into a mastervan...

pics of the once lovely yaris. cant post all coz some are too big, but you get the picture!!!

has been written off...and they are like gold-dust in this colour :-(

JK

Attachments

• yari1.jpg
    yari1.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 478
  • yari3.jpg
    yari3.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 359
  • yari4.jpg
    yari4.jpg
    839.2 KB · Views: 377
Not good mate. Hope you both are ok? Why did the guy hit you? Going to fast / not paying attention etc?

just unlucky i think... he noticed us all stopped and then when he braked his car just locked up... jus some minor injuries...

main problem is that the car is so rare...struggling to track down a new one.

thanks...

Glad your all ok. I guess the windscreen was smashed by the airbag going off? If so thats just madness!!!

i know.. the windscreen crack is a bit scary... and yes it was done by the airbag... makes you think maybe an airbag can do more damage than good?!

but the car was top...it did its job perfectly...for a small car, the only thing that was a worry was that we had to kick the doors open...maybe a bit of a better design would mean the doors were able to be opened!!

but all in all it did pretty well...lucky was a modern car i suppose. if it was her k10....eek dread to think!!

JK

if it was her k10....eek dread to think!!

Yeah I have to admit, as I get older the crash capabilities of the K10 is starting to put me off them.

R05_Micra said:
women drivers eh lol, glad u 2 got out ok!

well for a start, it was a guy who hit us,

and secondly... I was driving, and in anycase wasnt our fault!

so not sure what you on about really!!!

JK

j.a.kelly said:
i know.. the windscreen crack is a bit scary... and yes it was done by the airbag... makes you think maybe an airbag can do more damage than good

JK

ive got this months FHM and thers a pic of this guys nose aftre he hit an airbag at 60mph,,,and its a rite mess!!

infact its not a nose anymore

j.a.kelly,,,whats the news on the 1.6 k11?

super_k11_1275 said:
is that caribean blue, cos there is a couple on the autotrader website

yeah, cheers pal..

trouble is they want a lot more money than we paid 3 weeks ago!! - and most of em aint anywhere near as good either.

thanks for all ya best wishes peeps

RIK: its gotta go to a garage to find the running problem, but other than that its still a giggle!! hope the 160SR is good fun...

JK

j.a.kelly said:
RIK: its gotta go to a garage to find the running problem, but other than that its still a giggle!! hope the 160SR is good fun...

JK

its great fun!! not as much as been towed home very day in the k11 tho,but wen it ran it ran fast,to say the least,

I have to say I've always liked the T-Sport Yaris'. Sad to see one to the graveyard. Glad you & your missus is ok. :)

super_k11_1275 said:
is that caribean blue, cos there is a couple on the autotrader website

Just found out that the car is actually BALEARIC blue, not the other variant, and the colour was only run for 1 year. I doubt there are a great deal of Tsports in this colour :-(
So the hunt just got harder lol.

JK

i talked to the sales man at work but they were to busy and far to useless to help, but i talked to the guy who washes the cars and he said that the only blue used on the yaris t sport upto 2003 was baleric blue, he cant pinpoint the date, but any before 2003 will be that colour, he also said if you go to your nearest toyota dealer (he mentioned calvers in stokeport) then they will be able to do a dealer search for you, if you tell them what car and what colour you want. i couldnt get hold of the paint code for baleric blue, but if you wanna make sure theat any car you go to look at is the right colour and if you still have the old car then look at the vin plate infront of the offside strut turret, and on the bottom row the first three numbers will be the paint code, i looked at one at work today that i was told is caribean and it was bb6

Back