What colour?!!! :confused:

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Hey peep's, well it seem's people are having fun with photo shopping, and i need a hand if anyone kind enough to help!!!!! :wasntme:

I can't decide on the colour i want to have my car re-sprayed in, as i'm saving for it to go to a bodyshop and have the kit prop moulded in. I'm undecided on pearl yellow (everyone knows i like yellow!!!, dark met/glitter purple (coz thats actually my favourite colour), or maybe even met baby blue!!! Could someone do me some shops please!!! :D

Much appreciated!!! :)

http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/4.DSC00658.JPG
http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/19.DSC00654.JPG
http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/23.DSC00653.JPG
http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/13.DSC00657.JPG

I hope the files work!!! Otherwise i give up, the grille and handles have yet to b colourcoded, but they will b. I have actually done the grille, just not fitted it yet!!

Cheers peeps!!!! :D

Awww no!
Leave it the way it is! o_O
It's PERFECT!
That's the nicest K10 i've EVER seen!
Any other colour might waste it!
You might get away with pearl. white though...
I'm being serious when I say it's perfect!
How much you want for it?

I do like the silver babe, just need it re-done and sorted and it'l look outstanding imo! You could even add purple flake or something to it.

You wouldnt have to have the engine bay and other bits done either.

Vandelism!!!

Arnold said:
I do like the silver babe, just need it re-done and sorted and it'l look outstanding imo!

You wouldnt have to have the engine bay and other bits done either.

True, you don't want to strip your car out to get it done properly...
And if you don't the insides of your door sills will still be silver and so will your engine bay. That's just to name a few things!

Honestly your car is STUNNING!

It would be like painting a moustach on the Mona Lisa!!!

I don't want to offend your idea in anyway, i'm just stating my opinion!

-J"sorry"Gti

dont mould the kit on just get somfitting rubbers like rimmer has on his skirts. otherwise u will have costly repairs with cracks if(touch wood u dont) u hit anything. plus when the time comes to sell the kit will make u money if u can take it off. go for a met yellow like the new clio sports

paul_k10_Lx said:
dont mould the kit on just get somfitting rubbers like rimmer has on his skirts. otherwise u will have costly repairs with cracks if(touch wood u dont) u hit anything. plus when the time comes to sell the kit will make u money if u can take it off. go for a met yellow like the new clio sports

like the pic

Attachments

• clio_sport.jpg
    clio_sport.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 244
If the car is fixed up and sprayed to show car standard, the car will be worth more with the kit moulded in i think, esp as its a rare datsun style, then again, Mike couldnt sell his NME k11 shell with the kit moulded on, so Paul could be right.

There's no way you'l know to be sure.

Lol, thanks for the reply's people, and JamieGti - thanks for the comments, but honestly, if u get close to this car u will realise it's far from perfect!!! I love the look, but it needs a lot of work to get it to show standard, i like the sound of met silver with purple flake tho!!!

I know what people are saying about the kit being moulded in, but tbh, the skirts look pants without this, they're not the style to just 'bolt on', they need to be fitted imo!!!!

The car its self is pretty blocky and has the lines to compliment the skirts just being bolted on!
Honestly... It's so Ol' Skool! Paul is right with the rubbers though!
Silver with metaflake? Nice idea!
Keeps it tidy and gives it an edge!
Might be a winner! =]

-JGti

Yes i do still have the original bumpers, i may part with them if i get a decent offer!! Other than the usual minor scrape, the only thing wrong with the front is the left hand side plastic clip that holds it has snapped, it's prob repairable, but i haven't looked close enough tbh. The only other thing is the original sidelights won't b supplied with the front bumper as they're on my car now, and i will not be parting with them!!

Your car is the dogs!! Dont do anything, Silver is soo nice and the bodywork really makes it shine... Love it!

All I would suggest is a bigger exhaust, and maybe a different grill, but this is just my opinun... eather way is bloody nice!

Here ya go ems, not very good edits im afraid, but should give ya a rough idea.

EmsYellow.jpg

EmsMetPurple.jpg

EmsMetBlue.jpg

And my personal favourite :p

EmsSalmonPink.jpg

D4R73N said:
Your car is the dogs!! Dont do anything, Silver is soo nice and the bodywork really makes it shine... Love it!

All I would suggest is a bigger exhaust, and maybe a different grill, but this is just my opinun... eather way is bloody nice!

I have a bigger exhaust!!! And it's purple!!! LOL :D

http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/7.DSC00748.JPG

Krian said:
Here ya go ems, not very good edits im afraid, but should give ya a rough idea.

LOL!!! Wicked ta!!! I think i'll def go for pink!! Just to disgust u lot!! :p

Get em to put yellow polka dots on too, we can nick name it the Mr Blobby car :p

Seriously tho, im usually not a big fan of yellow, but that colours kinda growing on me, and my GF loves the purple :D

Krian said:
Get em to put yellow polka dots on too, we can nick name it the Mr Blobby car :p

Seriously tho, im usually not a big fan of yellow, but that colours kinda growing on me, and my GF loves the purple :D

Lol!!! I may give that detail a miss, but if i did get it i'd get air horns to match Mr Blobby's voice!!!

D4R73N said:
Oh soz, I guess its easier to see in the flesh, but you should get the new grill on asap :grinning:

Oh no it's not on the car yet mate!!! I only got it at JAE!!

And yeah i know i was gunna do it today, and the day b4 that and the day b4 that!! lolol, u get the general idea!! I'll do it this weekend if i'm not too dead from Scottyland!!

Ems said:
Oh no it's not on the car yet mate!!! I only got it at JAE!!

And yeah i know i was gunna do it today, and the day b4 that and the day b4 that!! lolol, u get the general idea!! I'll do it this weekend if i'm not too dead from Scottyland!!

Lol, yeah we were meant to do that last weekend :s

I quite like the purple photoshop above!

I really like the yellow - and i really like the black door handle too lol it breaks the car up a bit and looks really smart, id go for that if it were my car - and iv got a mesh grille from my old k10 - needs a bit of work as it thrown off the car when i had my side impact.

Daz :alien:

Kev said:
Which Bodyshop are you taking it to Ems?

Kev

Errrrr.................dunno!!! I'll b asking around for diff quotes. And then i'll ask u if they can be trusted!!! lol

Arnold said:
It's simple, but we're busy people

Nah, i just have a certain irritating bloke :p chatting to me on MSN all day, and other that that i play about with my fish a lot!!!

The yellow isn't solid enough though, and it looks gold imo, the purple is the right colour tho!!! Can anyone do it in the yellow on that yummy clio above?!!!

A wee old bloke did my 205 dimma for £800... He even strapped the doors, handles, interior and everything before spraying it! :O
I already had the engine bay stripped. I didn't expect him to do such a nice job for £800! Tipped him £30 though... he was pleased as punch! :blush:
So yeah, look for someone that does that!
It was a classic car restorer! They're really into their work!
Look for someone like that, they'll know how much you love your car! :)
Bless him... He's in motherwell btw! If anyone wants details?

-JGti

Kev said:
lol you know where I'd take it and they can be trusted lol :p

Kev

I know mate! I think we've seen with Dan, the cheapest isnt always the best option to go for.

Layla said:
whats wrong with the grill thats on!!?

Exactly... leave it the way it is! Like i said, Painting a moustach on the mona lisa! It's perfect the way she is :)

Arnold said:
I know mate! I think we've seen with Dan, the cheapest isnt always the best option to go for.

Agreed!!! Always go somewhere who you know have a good reputation, they have been around for a while and you have seen at least two of their cars. They may be more expensive at the time but in the long run they will work out much cheaper, than having to have things redone!!!

thats one awesome looking k10! dont change it ems just get her resrayed in orginal colour and face lift the front ;)

Speedle said:
thats one awesome looking k10! dont change it ems just get her resrayed in orginal colour and face lift the front ;)

Nooo, everyone has the facelift front!! And tbh i can't b bothered to get a new bonnet etc just yet!!

And Manda, it's black!! I don't like it, but i'll post a piccy in a min with the silver one on and see what u lot think. (ps, i may take slightly longer than a min!!)

Brb................

Oh, a further cheer's for the nice comments everyone!! :D

Here's it is with a silver grille. Not a very good piccy tho as the sun was in front of me!! I'll get a better one later;

http://www.pc-retail.com/upload/files/15.DSC00753.JPG

imo i prefer it with the back front :) breaks up all the silver.... but its up to u :D

and..

keep it silver :D

Ems, you would be surprised at just how many different colours you could go for, some you wouldn't even think of!

I've been at Barwell times looking through paint colours and there's 1000's in Steve's books alone. You'll see one colour and love it, then another, then another lol!

Some you wouldn't even think of looking for, such as mine off a motorbike and I know of a lot more stunning bike colours too ;)

Kev

Kev said:
Ems, you would be surprised at just how many different colours you could go for, some you wouldn't even think of!

I've been at Barwell times looking through paint colours and there's 1000's in Steve's books alone. You'll see one colour and love it, then another, then another lol!

Some you wouldn't even think of looking for, such as mine off a motorbike and I know of a lot more stunning bike colours too ;)

Kev

Cheer's Kev, you've just made it soooo much harder :p

I think the best thing to do would be to go to somewhere like Barwells and just have a look and see what you fancy. As Kev said you will pick a few fave colours and then you can choose from those ones which one you like the best. :)

it'll take me years to choose tho!! lol!!

Kev, could u do me a favour and ask what sort of price i'm looking at if i get the skirt's moulded it and the rest of the kit prop fitted!! U've seen it in the flesh so hopefully u can remember!! :)

oo i like it with the silver grill! i thought you were gonna face lift it! glad you arent

Also... why did you buy a silver grill if you are just gunna get it all painted anyway! i sense someone who wants to keep her car silver :p

Layla said:
oo i like it with the silver grill! i thought you were gonna face lift it! glad you arent

Also... why did you buy a silver grill if you are just gunna get it all painted anyway! i sense someone who wants to keep her car silver :p

I didn't buy a silver grille!! :p

I already had a spare black grille on the car as i picked it up from the scrappy when i got my bumpers, the silver grille is my original that i sprayed!! It's fitted prop now tho, i didn't do it prop for that pic.

I only have the driver seat in the car now as well, will be fitting a super s interior on sat!!! :D And i'll also b making custom door cards in the week if i get round to it!!

Back