Glanza Crash Photos

I think that part of the issue is that the government don't want to have an opportunity for liability in selling on 'dodgy' motors. I know that in practise the costs to inspect the vehicles would be far less than their resale prices but authorities are very risk averse these days.

Craig

holy sh*t! you arr one lucky man! i knew it would be bad but god damn! still a testament to toyota that the car dealt with the impact well and saved you.

and to make matters worse there's a burnt out k10 in the background :'( how upsetting!

I've finally got the old girl back from insurance and started to break her

glanzabreak01.JPG

glanzabreak02.JPG

glanzabreak03.JPG

glanzabreak04.JPG

glanzabreak05.JPG

glanzabreak06.JPG

glanzabreak09.JPG

glanzabreak10.JPG

glanzabreak11.JPG

glanzabreak12.JPG

glanzabreak13.JPG

glanzabreak14.JPG

glanzabreak15.JPG

glanzabreak16.JPG

glanzabreak17.JPG

glanzabreak18.JPG

glanzabreak19.JPG

glanzabreak20.JPG

glanzabreak21.JPG

I bought it back. All insurance companies will let you for a certain % of the payout.

Ahhh I see, thanks! I'll definitely take advantage of this.

What deliberately crash your car? It's not something I ever wanna go through again... and the insurance situation is a complete nightmare

I don't mean crash my car, but in the event of an accident, big or small, where my insurance don't want to repair my car. I will claim for it and buy the car back. My father had a little scrape on his Land Rover, they told him it was too expensive to repair. He did claim for it but it would have still been nice to have kept the car.

I believe if your third party only they may just give it to you, under non blame situations. I only paid £128 to get my car back, and that included delivery over 100 miles away.

Tell us when you get some juicy bits up for sale!

What are you after mate, as i'm keeping loads of bits, loads got wrecked, but there will be others which i dont need or haven't even considered taking off the car.

Have you tried starting it Arnold? lol

I was tempted, but the battery had been disconnected and things like the radiator are cracked so i didn't wanna risk blowing anything up etc. From what i'm told the engine was running when i crashed, so it might be ok! The manifolds, turbo and everything will all be coming off as spares, assuming they're ok.

The FMIC pipework is crushed in several places, but the FMIC itself held up quite well. There's some damage at the back, so not sure if it's any good, but i'll be sticking it on ebay at some point.

I'l find the spec list for it soon

hahahahahah theres a lad running bout my town with the exact same regestration lol, in an identical car, i live in scotland by the way

70-80...:O you crashed it on a motorway...in a straight line...tut tut

Or was it on a private road?

Lets hope the insurance company don't get hold of this thread eh pal ;)

70-80...:O you crashed it on a motorway...in a straight line...tut tut

No it was on a corner. I aquaplaned.

Lets hope the insurance company don't get hold of this thread eh pal ;)

Why, they already know, and the police to do, and they're not looking to prosecute...............

hahahahahah theres a lad running bout my town with the exact same regestration lol, in an identical car, i live in scotland by the way

????????????

Photos please.

well i don't think they should pay out as you was driving with undue care and attention. 70-80mph in the rain...on a corner...me thinks thats a wee bit dangerous..and the proof is you crashed. TUT...proves insurers are idiots

well i don't think they should pay out as you was driving with undue care and attention. 70-80mph in the rain...on a corner...me thinks thats a wee bit dangerous..and the proof is you crashed. TUT...proves insurers are idiots

no mate motorways are designed to be able to do 70mph in the rain round the motor way bend so its not dangerous driving at all!!!

Driving with undue care and attention? You're having a laugh. I was fully aware of the road conditions. It's because of the tyre's/suspension the car crashed, nothing to do with me doing 70/80. You should be able to drive safely at those speeds in the wet on a motorway, like i have done for the past 6 years without incident. You haven't got a clue what your on about

you said you crashed on a turn...70-80 on a motorway is still by al counts whether ####ing it down or bone dry speeding. In the rain its obviously not advisable, never mind taking a turn at 70-80 in the rain. SO... please explain how the crash occured? You was speeding, in the rain, took a corner too fast and crashed. Dangerous driving/driving with undue care and attention, as you was speeding, the conditions don't support fast driving and you know its your fault ;)...

PWNED!

you said you crashed on a turn...70-80 on a motorway is still by al counts whether ####ing it down or bone dry speeding. In the rain its obviously not advisable, never mind taking a turn at 70-80 in the rain. SO... please explain how the crash occured? You was speeding, in the rain, took a corner too fast and crashed. Dangerous driving/driving with undue care and attention, as you was speeding, the conditions don't support fast driving and you know its your fault ;)...

PWNED!

FFS.

What's happening to this forum??? :down:

I don't think I'll be subscribing for another year...

Not another fu**ng keyboard warrior, why do people think that adding some crappy line like that after their statement automatically makes them right?

The truth is non of as can comment either way on the matter good or bad as we weren't there.
Saying that you shouldn't do 70 round a corner in the wet is plain stupid, for a start you don't even know what type of corner it was, and as has already been commented motorways are designed so that a speed of 70 can be maintained... EVEN in corners.

What the hell. I visit the forums often, dont post much but this sounds more like a forum for fat gamers who play Eve Online 24/7. PWNED? Come on mate, what happened happened and I think its pointless your trying to flame Arnold for crashing.

What a total ponce

not our place to say unfortunately, though i will be reporting him.

it was an accident, end of. my dad is an police advanced driver, he had been involved in a crash where the suspension gave way at speed, so i believe arnold, personaly if my dad couldnt recover a similar accident i dont see how could arnold either, no offense dude :), and its safe to say we were all releived to see he was pretty much ok, especialy after seeing those photo's.

everyone should back off, especially the rimski....

posting like this in a thread on here isnt going to cause the insurers or police to take any action.... so why bother?

not our place to say unfortunately, though i will be reporting him.

it was an accident, end of. my dad is an police advanced driver, he had been involved in a crash where the suspension gave way at speed, so i believe arnold, personaly if my dad couldnt recover a similar accident i dont see how could arnold either, no offense dude :), and its safe to say we were all releived to see he was pretty much ok, especialy after seeing those photo's.

everyone should back off, especially the rimski....

posting like this in a thread on here isnt going to cause the insurers or police to take any action.... so why bother?

x2

PWNED!

So you have never made a mistake in your life then?

Alan was in a new unfamiliar car, traveling on that road for the first time in those sort of conditions, an indicated 70-80mph is more like 65-75mph. Bends on motorways are not like taking A or B road corners, It's not like he was traveling at 100mph in unfit conditions. In the wet on a motorway, a speed of around 70mph in most cases is safe to travel at.

There is some kind of driver error or mistake in most crashes that take place, that is what insurance is there for. Maybe he should of been traveling at a slower speed, however Alan thought he was safe enough to travel at the speed he was going, so sure yes there would have been some kind of driver error.

Maybe your trying to make a name for yourself, but all your doing is make a fool out of yourself, why try and persecute Alan? . The crash happened months ago, but here you are banging on about his insurance, Alan was lucky he didn't receive any real major injuries from the crash and it could of been a lot lot worse, but all you seem bothered about is his insurance payout.

Kev

iirc i read on some post on here he said he aquaplained..Hydroplaning or aquaplaning by a road vehicle occurs when a layer of water builds between the rubber tires of the vehicle and the road surface, leading to the loss of traction and thus preventing the vehicle from responding to control inputs such as steering, braking or accelerating. It becomes, in effect, an unpowered and unsteered sled. - stolen from wiki :D

Arnold, on the photos, the front tyres look uni-directional and on backwards?

At least you got a nicer glanza out of it, white is much nicer ;)

Yeah the previous owner fitted the tyres on the wrong way round, so there really wasn't much i could do about it. Thanks for the support though, it's nice to see most of you aren't complete muppets. I'm very happy with the Glanza i've got now, and very lucky that my injuries are not worse than they were, or that anyone else is involved.

PWNED!

your f*****g mad all roads have there speed limits at least 15mph slower than there are safe to drive on at motorways are designed to e abl to take 90mph and it be safe you havent got a clue at your on about people like you dont deserve to be on the form!!!!!

your f*****g mad all roads have there speed limits at least 15mph slower than there are safe to drive on at motorways are designed to e abl to take 90mph and it be safe you havent got a clue at your on about people like you dont deserve to be on the form!!!!!

well said jowley

Back