Getting into a dead K12

Hello. I'm one of those horrible forum users who starts an account when something goes wrong with his car.
Sorry about that. I hope you'll forgive me and allow me to hang around.
I have an '03 Micra. It lay dormant for about a week when we had that snow.
The battery has died so the fob won't open it.
I've popped the cover off the passenger door handle and the key won't turn in the lock.
Does anyone know how to get round this?
Is there a way to pop the bonnet from underneath the car so I can charge the battery and get back in?
Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot

Ha, ha, got your email just now :). I must admit, mine locked itself somehow a few months ago but the emergency key on the passenger worked. When you say it doesn't, do you mean the key won't even turn? There are a few members on here who work for Nissan who may be more help than me.

@Andy - believe me, I was close today. :)

@frank, I'm a non-mechanic mate, I'm afraid I wouldn't know what that was or what to do with it.
I jacked the car up today, took the OSF wheel off and got right up under it as best as I could. I was trying to find the bonnet release cable to yank it and hopefully open it.
No joy....

What would this tapping into this alternator lead allow me to do? the battery is totally dead....

excuse the ignorance :(

what frank is saying is using jump leads tap into the alternator lead in much the same way you would if you were jump starting your car. the earth can be attached to any ground ie engine then this will allow you to open doors with fob...........when i had mine k12 i had read about this happening so i attached an old cig lighter to battery via cables so in the event that it did happen i could just use that to power up the doors ect.........it never happened so never had to use it

Back