K12 non start problem

I purchased an 03 micra in november 2011 and had nothing but problems. Ive had the timing chain replaced. Then the car started playing up with not starting so i had a new battery put on, then the central locking has a mind of its own so had the NATS programmed. Now the on going problem is the car wont start, not even trying to, so i have to put a battery booster on it to charge for a bit then it finally starts and it runs ok all day whilst stopping and starting. But when left over night something is draining the battery and sometimes i hear clicking noises like the central locking is possessed. Every morning i dread to start the thing as 9 times out of 10 it doesn't start.....any help people ??? Im thinking possibly bcm?? but not sure. Thanks

Take a look at this vid. Eric's brilliant and has taught me a LOT about cars :).

Watching ETCG vid's has given me the knowledge and confidence to change my shock absorbers and a fuel injector, he's great :).

Guy, Ive followed ECTG's video and multimeter dropped when pulling out the fuse for immobiliser (quite rapidly, about 0.12) and also dropped when pulling fuse out for BCM (didnt drop quite as rapid as the immobiliser fuse but did drop quite a bit). So 2 possible problems ??? Do you happen to know where these parts are located on the car, also do you know what the white box is situated directly behind the passenger headlight. Many Thanks, Joanne

the box behind the headlight is the ipdm unit, i wouldnt sugest playing with bcms and ipdm's mainly cause you need to use the consult 3 software to program them into the car, have you had your ipdm recall done?

Back