getting a refund with no recipt?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well i got some jeans fro H&M on friday and there too small n a dont like the, thing is, the recipt aint in the bag, or within the jeans or other bags but all other recipts are!?

now im thinking back and cant actually remember getting one, the lass also forgot to give me my card but shouted me back as i walked away, no biggie really as i can just swap em for sumic else but i would prefer my cash back so i can look around!

as i said i payed on card but no recipt. any ideas, i came here as there is no-one sensible on my MSN :p haha!

Well, I actually asked my Law teacher this, he had a secret about it but he left before he told me.

By law, no reciept is needed to return an item. However, through store policy you need a reciept to prove you bought the jeans from that specific store.. Lemme' see if I can find out..... Hmm.

usually you just need to prove proof of purchase .........

ie. you paid with you card. they may be able to find it on there system. i know pc world, currys etc can (mostly for warrenty + there records/customer recongnition etc). maybe not clothes shops tho as no warrenty provided as such.

get a statement to show that you purchased them, but it won't say what item you purchased.

Without a receipt I doubt you can return them, and you should have checked for one before leaving the store.

Sell them on eBay.

A proof of purchase will be required for a refund. Usually most places will allow you to exchange the items (or store credit) providing that the items are "returned as sold" this includes all tabs and labels, so that they can be returned to the shelf.

there immaculate, i was in work gear and was trying to be nice by waiting till i had a shower n all that to try em, i suppose i could get a statement with "h&m sunderland" or similar on, if not, im sure they will swap them to the value (£35) so not a total loss, just cant be arsed going to town n bank n that! :(

Print a statement from online banking, but as above have said, if you can prove the item was purchased from there, they'l either offer a swap or store credit. Most places will require a receipt.

My girlfriends sister works in a cloths shop and she said you only need a receipt if you want a refund. If you take them back and they have the labels on still then you can get a store credit or exchange for a bigger/smaller size.

I work in retail myself and the company who i work for will only keep a record of the purchase if they take details from you which is usually if your purchase is £100 or more, or been delivered etc...

Chances are they wont have your information and probably cant trace it. Clothes shops work differently to the retail i work in though. Id see how you get on.

Back