Gears sticking

Hi I am new to the forum so appologies for asking for help in my first post but as always you find forums when you have a problem.

It is my sisters car and it seems to be sticking in gear almost as if you are trying to change gear without depressing the clutch. I think the clutch on the K12 is hydralic as if you pump the clutch the gear seems to change fine. I have had a look under the bonnet but I could not see a reservoir for clutch fluid (might be shared with break fluid). Any advice would be greatly apperciated.

the car is a 05 1.0 micra manual 5 speed

Thanks

Sully

The brake master cylinder also services the clutch. If the concentric slave cylinder is leaking, you need to replace it which will involve draining and removing the gear box. There is a bleed valve near the CSC, check this is fully closed or you may get a leak. Check my website and click the last full stop on the main page for a free gift :).

Looks like it is a bit more involved than a DIY job, gear box looks like it needs to come off :( will get it to the garage. thanks for your help

Back