gearbox woes

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
Hi all I’ve got a problem with selecting gears especially 2nd and 3rd. It seems harder to get in it to gear they are quite notchy. I think the clutch is dragging, when the car is in neutral it makes a noise. Would this be related to the gear selection problem? Or is my box on the way out? I also though the cluch cable might need replacing as its go no adjustment left.

cheers Mat

Hi all I’ve got a problem with selecting gears especially 2nd and 3rd. It seems harder to get in it to gear they are quite notchy. I think the clutch is dragging, when the car is in neutral it makes a noise. Would this be related to the gear selection problem? Or is my box on the way out? I also though the cluch cable might need replacing as its go no adjustment left.

cheers Mat

its shaged mate there nothing you can do apart from replace it,once they start messing about like this.if its dragging like you said then its very worm inside and it wont be long before it locks up.

fudge! thought so the cars done 120k so the box has lasted quite well, lucky i've got a spare 4spd in my garage.

Two of mine have done this! Cost £150 to repair excluding fitting & oils etc so quite pricey.

no way i'm paying a garage to do it, i'd change the box myself i've got nothing to lose lol. Maybe its time for a new car

these things happen. Dont let it put you off the micra :) Any other car would have the same issue at some point

Back