Gearbox Oil Problems

CMF_Moggle

» CMF Member
I have already read the posts on filling the gearbox on the Micra but for some reason I cant get any oil into the speedo hole, it jst pours out all over the floor, ive read that there is supposed to be a filling hole on the front of the box but I cant locate it, any ideas? or things i should know about the speedo hole, or even info on where I might find the filler hole? Thanks for any help in advance. :)

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
try pouring it more slowly or in a thinner stream into the hole to allow the air inside to vent out.

the box ur filling isn't full right?

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
did you actually remove the whole speedo drive..or just the speedo cable..you need to remove the cable..and then remove the unit the cable comes into (theres one 10mm bolt there holding it i believe)

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Moggle WROTE:

"I have already read the posts on filling the gearbox on the Micra but for some reason I cant get any oil into the speedo hole, it jst pours out all over the floor, ive read that there is supposed to be a filling hole on the front of the box but I cant locate it, any ideas? or things i should know about the speedo hole, or even info on where I might find the filler hole? Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Im pretty sure its a 3/8 size internal plug. Use a strong 3/8 drive ratchet or breaker bar, its in the front of the box. I just refilled mine after rebuilding it about 3 weeks ago.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Yeah there is one in the front mine is if your looking at the front of the car then it is on the right of the gearbox open it up and fill it till oil runs out of the hole.

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
i got no idea but i recently had to pull my box out and swap it..... and yeh the one in the box i was putting back in was bloody tight. i got it the second time around but was using a long handle breaker bar and a pipe over the handle of it... ended up being about a metre long. lol it was a prick.

Back