Gearbox issues

Bought the micra on Sunday in good faith and i was told it had a new clutch put in it (1.0l s-reg)
Now my query is that the gear stick seems to be out of line. Hard to explain but i will try me best.
1st gear is where 3rd is and 2nd gear is were forth gear would be.
Seems to have moved to the right some how. Is there anyway i can rectify this? Or is the gearbox shot?
I had a look under the car but couldnt really see much as the heat shield was covering the gear stick bit. All i could see was two bars coming out and one with a knuckle type joint on it. All looked clean and in good order. There seems to be a nut on the gearbox itself i wonder if thats a adjuster?

Cheers in advance guys!
Michael.

^ if yes and it doesn't move around too much when in-gear, then a part of the gear selector linkage is prob bent or damaged

All gears are fine when selected, but 3rd needs a good firm hand to get it in. Im use to vauxhall sloppy gears and i have noticed nissans are very stiff in my opinion. Thanks for the help. Is it a easy fix? If the linkage is bent?(Y)

you can easily put more or less curvature into the rod michael (to bring the stick further forward or back) but it would be difficult to twist the rod, to adjust the sideways throw
maybe the knucklejoint is dry/siezed ?

Back