Gear rattle

Joel1993

My car is blue... not PURPLE
Hey guys. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. When out of gear if you give the gear stick a rattle to check it's out of gear a very metal sounds comes out. It's like something is loose. It hasn't always been like it :(. Any ideas and solutions would be top dog. Cheers guys :)

Hey guys. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. When out of gear if you give the gear stick a rattle to check it's out of gear a very metal sounds comes out. It's like something is loose. It hasn't always been like it :(. Any ideas and solutions would be top dog. Cheers guys :)

The gearstick return spring can break Joel, this then rattles around on the heat shield.

Skinner that sounds about right. My gear stick doesn't return back to the centre. Is this a big problem? And any ideas how I can resolve it? Cheers dude

Skinner that sounds about right. My gear stick doesn't return back to the centre. Is this a big problem? And any ideas how I can resolve it? Cheers dude

No its nice and simple Joel.

Pop the heat shield off from underneath, 4 10mm bolts (they may snap i just put self tapping screws back in if they do)

You will see the spring dangling just bend a loop back into the end of it & loop if back where it should be.

Heat shield:) back on job done

Not much of a problem, only annoying.

Fixing means dropping the exhaust and shields iirc

gearreturnspring.jpg

Back