K11 rattle when checking for neutral

Hi all, 1st post here, I am a member of the FIAT forum but both my daughters have k11 Micras at my insistence lol!

Does anyone know of a reason for a rattle when waggling the gearstick in neutral? Sounds to me like the detent spring has become detached and is rattling on the exhaust heatshield, 3rd gear is awkward to select as it does not "lean" towards the 3rd gear gate when you come out of 2nd gear. A garage has condemned the catalytic converter, and before I pay for that I would like to know if my spring theory is correct. I dont have a pit or axle stands to get under the car and check.

Cheers guys and gals.:grinning:

Wonderful thing the Search function.... Doh!

Found the info on this common K11 problem thanks guys and gals.

Wicked site for Micra owners!

Hello and welcome to the club, sell the fiat and join your daughters in Micra ownership lol, there is a gearstick return spring that is at the bottom of the stick (under the car) that does break occasionally, when it breaks it rattles against the cat and the stick doesn't centre, sounds like your problem doesnt it ?

Thats the one Sonic and thanks for the reply, thanks to Arnold too for the welcome! Damn garage wants to rip me off!!! Wont happen now :devil:

The FIAT is a 1.9 GPS MJet Sonic, I use it for work and pleasure, it a pretty good car with latin appeal (and temperament) but so far after 21k miles I have had no complaints. I would never let my 2 daughters have anything but a Micra K11 until they can make their own choices... 1 of them wants a Saxo! Oh Nooo I said... The other wants a 350Z but shes gonna have to save hard lol!

Nothing wrong with fiats, i used to have a cinq!

Actually, there was a lot wrong with it. But i loved it anyway :p

Back