Gadgets or things you cant live with out..

Tchaaa...Have you ever driven a Note?...I found it a bit dull...and the seats just weren't that comfy :p
although the one i drove (hire car) was brand spanking new :D
I like my back seats...not that i even use them much... but If i took them out the MPG game would be taken to a whole new level though!!! LOL
ETA: although i might be interested in testing out the new Note (Invitation) I like the look of that one..
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/6812425754_db1f63b9aa_o.jpg
from: http://www.newsroom.nissan-europe.com/EU/en-gb/Home/Welcome.aspx

Nathan That's a good idea...Illuminating handles do sound....(pardon the pun) handy ^_^

Nathan, yeah...My K11 Shape didn't have a cig lighter...so we got a kit and my dad fitted one for me so i could use the satnav on longer trips :p

was at 62.1 MPG this morning....Just filled up my tank (£50...ouch!) and reset the Computer...
DSC00136.jpg

...not a bad round of the MPG game me thinks LOL :D

Mine's a diesel ;) (the 82/80ps)
I had it at 99.9 for only 3 minutes this time :p
...traffic was a bit backed up...barely got past 25mph the whole way home LOL

Didn't know yours was an oil burner as well Jen, thought I was the only one :).

Ha, ha, I couldn't believe it when I picked it up and the invoice said '£30 - 12 months road fund license' :D.

When i bought mine she had no Tax, had to wait for the Insurance docs to come through and go to the Post office...BY BUS!!!!! o_O
...the girl behind the counter thought she'd done something wrong when she scanned the V5c and it wouldn't give her a 6 month option LOL
...it was £35 that year...I save about £200 a year compared to my old 1litre K11...the tax for that this year would be £135!
...and of course the fuel economy is ridiculous :p K11 about 40mpg my lovely K12...65mpg easy :D

I'm currently getting about 51-54mpg but I believe the K9K engines takes AGES to loosen up a bit :).

well as you can see mine's done 74,000 miles...(changed the timing/auxiliary belts at 70,000)
...she's coming up for 7 years old...bless her....they grow up so fast XD

I think the "running in" period for the K9K is three times any of the petrols (3,000 miles instead of 1,000)
...but i guess it depends on other factors too...driving styles...type of roads...iner city or motorway cruising etc... ^_^
I unfortunatly don't know exactly how long it'll be till you start seeing your numbers creep up as i only got my baby 3 years ago and she already had 63,000 miles on the clock at the time <_<

ETA: compared to most people i know, i drive like i'm on an economy run all the time too... LOL

Agree but loosening up is a bit different. My 160SR only started to feel it was losing it's 'tightness' at around 65,000 miles. The oil burner's only done 13,000 :eek:. Btw, in case you haven't tried it, Miller's Eco Powermax diesel additive seems to add around 4-5mpg and is supposed to be dead good for cleaning the engine and lubing the fuel pump etc. I put 50ml in each tank. I'm also a member on www.dervhead.com and it seems to be very highly rated :).

Oooo thanks for the tip...I'll have to give that one a go ;)
...I did get some redex diesel stuff, wondergunge as my dad calls it, when it was on the cheap at adsa, but i always forget to put it in the tank when i fill up :p
although i've been told you have to be careful putting in addatives with a modern deisel particulate filters and stuff i simply don't understand :D

ETA: that's an interesting forum...might sign up myself...

They vary between models Jen but one of the things that swung my diesel Micra was that it didn't have a DPF or dual-mass flywheel :). As far as I can work it out, a DPF looks a bit like a catalytic converter ie a ceramic marix in a can. With a DPF, it's job is to catch all the soot particles in the exhaust, when these build up, the car burns them off by a variety of methods. Some cars go into a very lean burn so the excess oxygen in the exhaust causes the soot to combust. Some use a 5th hidden injector that sprays raw fuel into the DPF to trigger the combustion. Either way, they're a potential problem I don't have :D.

...really?.... i have no idea what that is LOL...sounds very good though Guy :p
mine's the 82/80ps so if your tax is only £30 too i'd assume yours is the later 86/ 88? that's one thing i do know...all the tax bands ....ours are C (i'm a wierdo) my mums 1.4 SVE is band G
...spent 6 months researching what micra i wanted...nearly got a 53 plate 1.0 E with a body kit and 14" alloys...so glad i didn't, although it would have been 2 grand cheaper...and the insurance would have been lower (group 6 instead of group 14) but tax was more (F) than my old 1.0 and the fuel ecconomy just wasn't the same
that and it didn't drive as well as the K11 1.0 i had

...and i wanted the pretty one! :rolleyes:

Damn you guys with your awesome mpg's I have to admit though, my 1.4 petrol is a Damn sight better than my old 1L on fuel ecconamy and performance :p even when not driving to save money :p

Tchaaa...Have you ever driven a Note?...I found it a bit dull...and the seats just weren't that comfy :p
although the one i drove (hire car) was brand spanking new :D
I like my back seats...not that i even use them much... but If i took them out the MPG game would be taken to a whole new level though!!! LOL
ETA: although i might be interested in testing out the new Note (Invitation) I like the look of that one..
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/6812425754_db1f63b9aa_o.jpg
from: http://www.newsroom.nissan-europe.com/EU/en-gb/Home/Welcome.aspx

Nathan That's a good idea...Illuminating handles do sound....(pardon the pun) handy ^_^

Driven two actually, one of my best friends had a facelift auto that he got on the mobility scheme, which I didn't really like driving due to the auto box but was great as a passenger, and my dad has a preface one, I know what you mean about the whole thing being rather dull, but it's not really designed to be exciting is it, it's meant to be practical and from my experience they really do excel at this. As for the seats not being comfy I have to strongly disagree, friend's facelift one had the part leather interior and my dads has whatever cloth seats come standard with the Acenta R, and they're both far far more comfortable to sit in, for long or short periods of time than the ones in my K12 :)

I've seen the 'invitation' before, it does look promising, but then again it's a concept car for now :p

Aftermarket stereo with bluetooth audio connection so can listen to my iPhone for music with no issue and take calls while on the move through the stereo system. Add to that uprated front speakers from a N16 and and underseat 8" active subwoofer and I'd be lost without all of them on my daily commute.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

Back