Yay! We live in Australia..

cisco

» CMF Member
Just visited Nissan's web site and thought it was funny to take a snapshot of their current line up of vehicles.

You can't blame them. They are only worried about self-preservation and making money. You won't make money with smart small car concepts here with the current majority lineup of aussie bogans inhabiting this land.

Check it out!
- 1 small car, which isn't even all that small
- 1 big luxury refined tank (I love maximas actually)
- The same sportscar twice, but one is a convertable version. And neither are turbocharged.
- Then here we go - EIGHT SUVs/UTEs/4WDs. Take your pick. You could almost buy these 8 cars and make it over to Japan and back with a decent car in the boot of any one of these things. EIGHT(8) of them!!! And not one other decent small or sports car. Shesh.

They tried, noone bought the k11 so they lost money. You can't blame them. Haha there's even some bails of hay shown.

Attachments

• 19348.jpg
    19348.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 40

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
The thing is, no ones buying SUV's per sae, they're buying the soft road 4x4's like the X-Trail, Kluger etc...

Its all about space, practicality and of course, image. Aussies are by my families experience (no offence intended at all guys this is the best country in the world) the most egotistic of all countries. If one man has an X-Trail, most would think "oh crap I need to update my ride!"

Also its about what they "might" use the car for such as towing once a year etc... With the introduction of more efficient engines, I see their logic of having the possibility of being able to do more with a vehicle for the same fuel cost to that of say a Commodore or Falcon.

I don't really agree with the safety of them for OTHER road users though, but as far as in-cabin and passenger safety they are pretty damn good.

And before you say well you have a Patrol etc.. etc.. We actually tow our boat every 2-3 weeks.

All in all though, if they released a K12 here I'd snap one up RIGHT AWAY

Keep on truckin' Nissan!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
SUV is a generic term for sport utility vehicle which includes the Xtrail/Kluger/Murano/Rav4 etc.

Thats the americans for you.

I personally refer them them as WUV. Wanker utility vehicles. :p

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Hmmm most time when at the lights in a pile of traffic all I can see front, rear, sideways are tyres,hub caps and wheel nuts. Feel like an angry ant in a herd of elephants.
Average Aussie family like 2 adults, 1 ankle snapper.We sure have an addiction to space which is reflected in our homes as well.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I have been told by our nissan service manager that the Micra is going be back next year.

Which is weird considering Japan looks to be wrapping up production of the K12. I'm guessing it may be built in the new Thailand plant alongside the series 2 Tiida (moved production there to get the build costs lower in order to add more features). As it is the JDM pirces last time I checked are quite high and if they were to release it here theres now ay it would be at a competitive price to the rest of the competition. Another thing which scares me is that the K12 has been out for a long time now... Cars like the suzi Swift and Toyo Yaris are much newer designs and *probably* going to be far superior to the K12.

Just a stab in the dark here but if they release the K12 I dont think it will hurt our K11 values.

Back