Gadgets or things you cant live with out..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Just wondering what people have added to there car that they cant live without or the car wouldent be the same with out :)

Doesnt matter how small or silly it is, just post it :p

Just wondering what people have added to there car that they cant live without or the car wouldent be the same with out :)

Funny this should come up as I was thinking about this very subject last night.

About a year ago I upgraded from a K11 SLX to a K12 Sport+ which came with all myriad of new electronic goodies, I think possibly the one I couldn't live without most would be the electric mirrors, I change my passenger side one all the time from being down so I can see bay parking lines to level so I can see left hand lanes when overtaking and it's so useful, pretty much never changed the K11 ones ever as I'd never get them right again, and didn't use them very much when parking anyway, but I think i'd definitely miss being able to adjust them from a button by my right knee.

nice likeing the cup holder, and mirros would be handy :p yeah i was just interested, also gives me ideas for my car :p i will have to say after market stereo with ipod support :)

nice likeing the cup holder, and mirros would be handy :p yeah i was just interested, also gives me ideas for my car :p i will have to say after market stereo with ipod support :)

I find the MP3 CD support that my aftermarket stereo gives me is a bit more valuable than iPod input, but it's definitely useful when I have friends in the car as nobody ever agrees with my music taste. But I'd agree aftermarket stereo, paid £45 for bits to fit the one from my K11 into my K12, only slightly less than I paid for the head unit itself haha.

so worth it though :p yeahh i agree there are loads of benifits from an after market stereo ipod is just one, defo have to say rev counter though silly as it is :p

so worth it though :p yeahh i agree there are loads of benifits from an after market stereo ipod is just one, defo have to say rev counter though silly as it is :p

Every car I've driven has had a rev counter, but dare I say I could probably quite easily live without. Still it's nice to have.

see you say that but i put one in my car and when it stopped working it just bugs you because you actually look at it without noticing :p

Not a gadget but I'm obsessed with air fresheners in the car cudnt live without them, feels like I'm in a sweet shop all day

I would say being able to see the instrument cluster! Had no lights on my old red 1L 93 for a few years. Made for interesting moments in the dark, guessing my speed when going past speed cameras! I did replace these bulbs multiple times, so I wasn't that lazy... promise. by the 5th time I gave up!

Don't do air fresheners but I couldn't have a head unit without an SD card slot now. No more faffing about withMP3 players or wallets full of CDs :).

Still not used my SD, worth it? I just still pop the ipod in. I like the idea of not having the cable continually hanging out the front. Looks nicer.

Sadly my usb is only 2gb and my head unit won't accept my 500gb external hard drive (which has a portion of my music on)

hahaa sounds good, i just connect the ipod with the usb shove it in the glove box and forget about it :p and personally, a sub woofer, when ever its not there you can always hear that missing depth of sound, although mine isnt set like all the other boy racers around..

Purely from a track day perspective, has to be the custom set of Stilo ST4W with intercom I had made.

Had the stereo upgraded in my K11 automatic so that I can plug my iPod in unfortunately there is no available iPod/MP3 player adapter (that I know of) that will play through the CD unlike my R5 Supercinq automatic where all I had to do was spend £14 in Argos to buy an iPod cassette adapter !!!

Air con! Oh and central locking would be nice.. I've been meaning to get it installed for almost 2 years. Never gonna happen!
Totally agree with cup holders, I squeeze cans into the door card, not ideal around corners when the can spills :(

its interesting reading through this because i've removed most of them from my car. i used to think a stereo was necessary until i took it out. i used to think electric windows were necessary until i took them out. i've realised as i've stripped the hell out of my little k11, that all you actually need is your micra and a smile! eg. i went from manchester to london on unbalanced wheels on the A50 (really bad resoonant vibrations on this road) and mixed with the unbalance of the wheels, it made for a terrible experience. then i told myself i was in my micra. i started smiling, the sun actually came out, and the road didnt matter any more! all you need is your micra!

I had a K10 then a K11...both the base models...no toys at all, upgraded to a K12 Sport+ tonnes of Gadg!

I dunno if this makes me a wierdo...but when I have a longish trip or i'm stuck in traffic...I play the MPG game
K12 trip computer, set to MPG (currently 62.4) and then click on reset...and see if i can get it to go up...I once had it at 99.9 for 6 whole minutes!!!

LOL :D

ETA By the way in the 3door K12 you can fit a bottle in the rear trims...Handy if you're picking up wine for sunday dinner at your mums :p
I just keep kitchen roll in mine though

ahaa that game acturally sounds fun, i havent got one of those though, there are various things i do when stuck in traffic :) the best one i have found is beat the sat nav on long journeys..

I love annoying my tomtom....
he says "turn left in 100 yards"
I say "...Nah...I think i'l go the long way round here...and turn right Muuhahahahahah....!"

hahaa i do that all the time, annoying thing is mine is now learning the short cuts i go so tells me to do those anyway, they are easier to annoy when they are new :p

its interesting reading through this because i've removed most of them from my car. i used to think a stereo was necessary until i took it out. i used to think electric windows were necessary until i took them out. i've realised as i've stripped the hell out of my little k11, that all you actually need is your micra and a smile! eg. i went from manchester to london on unbalanced wheels on the A50 (really bad resoonant vibrations on this road) and mixed with the unbalance of the wheels, it made for a terrible experience. then i told myself i was in my micra. i started smiling, the sun actually came out, and the road didnt matter any more! all you need is your micra!

In the words of the virgin mary, come again??

Jen, they fit a 2L pop bottle even better. I keep a 2L bottle of antifreeze in one and 2L of screenwash in the other :).

There's a good idea Guy....unless it's a roasting hot day <_<
so unless You can get a refrigeration unit under the seat to cool those slots i'll keep my pop in the fride at home LOL

One of mine has got a meerkat in it though....don't mock me...he's an assassin!

Meerkatzio adorible da furrynze

ETA:...come to think of it...you can get 12v mini fridges can't you?...Mmmmmm mini fridge :D

There's a good idea Guy....unless it's a roasting hot day <_<
so unless You can get a refrigeration unit under the seat to cool those slots i'll keep my pop in the fride at home LOL

One of mine has got a meerkat in it though....don't mock me...he's an assassin!

Meerkatzio adorible da furrynze

ETA:...come to think of it...you can get 12v mini fridges can't you?...Mmmmmm mini fridge :D

I don't know about his current car but on his SR I believe Guy had the rear seats stripped out, so plenty of room for a fridge in the back!

Or you could always buy a Note which as the Air Con-cooled glove box :p

thought of another one, The lights under my door handles, When say your car is in a pitch black car park late at night and you cant see your car very well. you just blip it to unlock and all the lights come on including the under door handle ones and make a blue halo around the car :p very handy, makes me smile every time i do it :p

Back