Ga16 into a micra

Hi
I have searched and can only find that a 1.3 gear box works does anyone know if the 1.0 gearbox works the same
Thanks
Steve

Yes, however you must use the 1.0 flywheel which means 3mm machined off the mounting face and the centrebore machined to fit the GA crank.
You will prpbably fond the 160mm clutch isn't man enough too.
Facelift 1.0 box can take the stock ga flywheel as the facelift 1.0 box is same as a 1.3 box just slightly different gear ratios.

Last edited:
Thats why I said facelift 1l box's don't need it in the second bit. Was adding thay bit for clarity if it gets searched again :)

Well Jason on the facebook page had to use 3mm washers between engine and box to get it to work, that was 1.3 fw bored to fit GA shaft. Not needed on GA fly. Baguette measured a 3mm difference in offset on his blog too.

Well Jason on the facebook page had to use 3mm washers between engine and box to get it to work, that was 1.3 fw bored to fit GA shaft. Not needed on GA fly. Baguette measured a 3mm difference in offset on his blog too.
so the GA16 f/w has 3mm more offset/dish than the CG13,s and facelift CG10,s then andy ?

so the GA16 f/w has 3mm more offset/dish than the CG13,s and facelift CG10,s then andy ?
CG flywheels have 3mm less ET (3mm more poke) yes :) Apparently it's enough to cause clearance issues fitted to a GA engine with just a rebore. You'd have to check the offset of the 160mm clutch fly with 180mm clutch fly for preface 1.0 box though as I've not compared myself.
There is no clearance issue at least using a GA fly on a GA with a 1.3 box (with backing plate). I'm sure the same can be said with the facelift 1.0 box :)

needs to go into your GA16 info pool mate :) the pre-face 1.0 dish/offset is about 9mm less than the other CG,s, but that is due the position of the input spline of the g/box (the crank face is the same position on all CG,s eh)

needs to go into your GA16 info pool mate :) the pre-face 1.0 dish/offset is about 9mm less than the other CG,s, but that is due the position of the input spline of the g/box (the crank face is the same position on all CG,s eh)
So the preface 1.0 flywheel sits 9mm further from the engine/gb mating face?

So the preface 1.0 flywheel sits 9mm further from the engine/gb mating face?
9mm shallower dish mate, so that the clutch mates up with the RS5F41 g/box spline :)
the GA16 RS5F31 input shaft spline is probably a different length to the CG13 RS5F30 one too ?

I think the GA mating face on the crank is just 3mm ckoser to the GB tbh but I never measured :/

Errr no sorry haha got carried away with chris... limited time and all :/ ...but next time I get a shot at an engineless bay i'll be measuring don't you worry, got the measurements safe and sound :)

I think the GA mating face on the crank is just 3mm ckoser to the GB tbh but I never measured :/
Sorry to bring this up from the lost past but I have the answer's!!

Crank mating face on pre face 1.0 pokes 12mm from the block

And on the ga16 the crank face pokes out 17.5mm so a 5.5mm difference!!

So really 5.5mm spacers would be needed right?

Back