ga16??

R

RIK

rite..wen i get the money together i am planning to get either a full 1.6 engine or jus the gear box,clutch,tb,,,ect

the thing is i dont think the breakers yard will break a full engine for the bits i want ,so its more likely to be a full engine.

wot is it exactly im asking for? the engine is a almera rite? cos im sure if i ask the guy for a ga16 he ont know wot it is,,wot year? model?

and i wont be putting the whole engine in i want to keep the 1.3,,so if i put the parts on and a remap it will work rite?or can i just use the ecu off the 1.6?
and wot parts can go onto the 1.3? i know gear box,clutch,tbwill work
need help here guys....

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
why not put the whole engine in?

i dont understand?

yes the 1.6 ecu will work, yes the rest will work!

is that all you were asking?

Dave

OP
OP
R

RIK

is it the almera or primera engine? or are these the same?

is it a certian model ?

i no its a ga16 wot i need but i dont know wot car it is

and also i think it would take too long to fit the whole engine i need my car i dont really want it off the road

also i can fit just the parts myself i would have to get somebody else to do a conversion

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
yeah its the primera almera 100nx any of the these will work, if you want the ecu to work make sure that the car you get the ecu from does not have nats

OP
OP
R

RIK

so dont you think its worth putting the parts on?
what gains will i get from putting them on?

i already have induction kit,4-2-1 janspeed,2" straight thru pipe,and im stuck were to go now,do i get cams?fly?remap? or go for the ga16 bits?

i just wanted something else to make a noticable difference without doing anything major like a conversion, but i dont want to pay for a jun fly and then decide afterwards to get the ga16 bits cos then its no good to me

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
if i were you id get the ga16 bits that you want, make sure that the 1.6 is the GA16DE ie the injection version, apparently the gains seem to be good. but to make sure i would also get a dastek or emanage so that the car can be properly tuned to run well withthe 1.6 parts. then you will still be able to putthe box on if you decide and get a fly if you decide against.

seriously tho i would highly reccomend the mappable ecu or piggyback ecu as the more you do to your car on the std ecu, the more you mess up the current map and running of the car, you will be hugely overfueling at the moment with your current setup. Dastek all the way i say.

Dave

OP
OP
R

RIK

rite looks like this is the first thing to do then

dastek price? and best place to get it from?

is this just like the apexi?

can you fit it yourself and set it up yourself or do i have to get it fitted?

i have never herd of dastek ,sorry for bein dim,

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
thats cool, not many have heard of it either, best place...well it very much depends where you are, they cost around 350-400 to buy it and get it fitted, yes you could fit it your self but you would not be able to map it as it uses a special kind of scart cable to link to a pc which they do not sell,

alternatively you could buy a emanage, this you wil be able to fit and map yourself but again depending on your skill level and confidence i would also leave that to the professionals at least for the first tune. this again will cost around 400 as you will need the software and the harness to go with it.

as far as mapping is concerned i would get the 1.6 TB and fit it the same time you get your car mapped to avoid having to re-map after. saving money!

but definitely feel that at this stage a piggy back ecu would be the next logical step.

you can expect to see a 10% gain from the unichip (dastek) alone and i guess you are running approx 95-99 at the mo so that would be a 5-10 bhp increase at the fly.

the extra flow of the 1.6 TB may increase this to 8-12bhp gain. interesting to see this.

Dave

OP
OP
R

RIK

rite,my main aim is to get as much out of the 1.3 as i can,

so if i get a 1.6tb,fit it ,remap same day,(can i use 1.6 injectors aswell?)

then the gear box,clutch later on

rite im from near sheffield and the only place i no that do chips/remap are demon tweeks(too far away) and my m8 knows a mobile tuner that does the bluefin chip i think is this ok? but i dont know how much this guy cost's

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
yes you could use 1.6 injectors but i cant see any gain in this at all!

you will have plenty of fuel going into your engine already, plus this will be sorted when it gets tuned, and sheefield you say, id gues the closest is either in leeds or scunthorpe, i personally reccomend dennis vessy at Vessey tuning in scunthorpe. (01652688904)

i got mine done there and it cost me £375 inc a new set of ngk spark plugs. very good service and it took a day to tune, well half a day but the other half day was spent travelling to/from.

then yes leave your box/clutch till later on.

OP
OP
R

RIK

lol

thanks for your help m8 ill be foning this guy wen i get the1.6tb!

did he fit your tb? will it run ok with the 1.6tb before a remap?cos i will have to fit it the day before and run it down to scunny without remap and i dont wanna ruin anything

thanks yuv helped me alot

Attachments

• post-15-1107084589.jpg
    post-15-1107084589.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 281
  • post-15-1107084487.jpg
    post-15-1107084487.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 278

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
no its not likely to run ok b4 the re-map, unless you have the 1.6ecu and a pbv (adjustable fuel regulator), you will not need the 1.6 ecu if you get it fitted there and then and i feel this is the safer option. if i were you i would fit the TB while the engine is off, make sure it fits ok and make all nessecery adjustments, then remove it replace withthe std 1.3TB and take it with you and fit it while you are there. Dennis wil give you a hand im sure.

i didnt personally go for the 1.6 TB i simply re-mapped using the 1.3 TB as i was unaware that this mod would work at this time, that was a couple of years ago now.

i made a improvement of 10% 99bhp@fly to 108bhp at fly and the diference was incredable, my car used to really pull hard, 0-60 was incredibly swift for such a small car, butthe biggest difference i felt was from 60-100mph where the car would previously loose off some power, after the unichip it would pull really well all the way up to 100+

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Davey C said:
yeah its the primera almera 100nx any of the these will work, if you want the ecu to work make sure that the car you get the ecu from does not have nats

aherm..

almera/ primera / 100nx / sentra

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
lol i was gonna sayu that but i didnt want to confuse things seen as it aint a uk car. Smart a##e lol

OP
OP
R

RIK

over the last month i have bin thinking alot about the next step to tuning my car,
ive gone from turbo(no way i can afford) then to the conversion(but still wanted a 1.3 jus so i culd show how much you can do with one really) then to the ga16 parts,,,

i have now decided to use my old super s engine, and totally rebuild this engine with the ga16 parts i want ,new race cams,remap ect,,, new hoses, painted up really nice and clean looking, and spend most of my time and money on doing this while its out of the car ,then when its done simply swap the new hevily modded engine with the one i use now so my car isnt off the road very long .
also i can do all the work myself this why all in one go!

i wanna get as much bhp out of the 1.3 as i can

OP
OP
R

RIK

ian ,,can u explain please :),,i heard about some tomei cams on here n someone sed ther ok , i heard today nismo cams are the best if you have the money(i havent!!) and another option is larkspeed offerd to send my origional cams off to be reprofiled for£170 i cant see the bein much improvement in reprofiling standard cams as they cant be much room for improving them,,

what wud you say is best? (probli none of them :) )

OP
OP
R

RIK

do they do them for the 1.3 k11? ive bin on there website and cant find micra engin on there if they do them i will give them a ring

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
nah jwt dont do cams for the 1.3, the tomei cams are probs your best bet.

and ian ment that you should not get race spec cams as they will be too "aggressive" for road use, the majority of your power would come in after 5000rpm and go up to 8000rpm.

therefore they will be no good for your purposes, also at idel the car will be VERY lumpy.

it is a much better idea to go for the "fast/road spec" cams, these are machined much less aggressively than the rally/race ones and will be better suited to your car and the power band will be approx 3.5K probs right through to redline at 6.9K

meaning that you will have a much more driveable car, also idel will be lumpy but not half as bad.

i say nismo if you can afford it and tomei if you cant.

ps. dont bother reprofiling your dead right there is very little point.

Dave