1.3 micra engine into 1.0 micra

I have recently had to scrap my wifes 1.3Lx micra M plate due to a rear end smash so I purchased another 1.0 micra L plate with the intention to put the 1.3 engine in.I kept all the engine mounts except the rear gearbox mount attached to the centre member beliving it to be the same.When I tried to fit the 1.3 I could not get the rear gearbox mount to line up as the gearboxes are slightly differrent.The plate from the 1.0 gearbox which attaches itself to the mount would not fit onto the 1.3 box so I have had to put back in the 1.0 for now as surely it must fit somehow?I have heard that you also need the centre member from a 1.3 aswell as the gear change rod but no-one can confirm this.Does anyone out there know where I am going wrong as I could put on the gearbox from the 1.0 with the 1.3 engine but this is not ideal as the box is rather noisy due to high mileage and the 1.3 engine and box have only covered 35000 miles plus the gear ratios wouldn't be right.Any help would be greatly appreiated!

You need all the mounts from the 1.3, basically.

Is the 1.3 from the M plate?

You can put the 1l gearbox on, but you will need to use the 1l cluthch and flywheel (lighter).

Craig

hi raycon

i think you need the centre cross member and the inner cv joints from the 1.3
my 93 1.0 has the 1.3 engine only and i prefer the lower gearing, so it is an option

Yeah sorry the 1.3 is from the M plare.I have considered the gearbox from the 1.0 but it is quite noisy due to high mileage hence why I would prefer to do a complete change.Someone said I would need the centre cross member.Do I need the gearchange rod aswell? Many thanks

yer you need the gear selector and rod as they are shorter/longer
when ive done this conversion before iv never changer the center cross member just chaged the rear bracket/mount that gos on the engine and box
the rubber bush part are the same on the 1.0 & 1.3

Thanks for the info on the selector rod but I have already tried to change the bracket from the 1.0 gearbox onto the 1.3 box and it will not fit as the bolt holes are in slightly different places.Has anyone tried to do this before as I don't want to spend all day taking out an engine and half putting in another only to have to put pack in the old one again.(Really gut wrenching when this happens if you know what I mean)The problem is definatley with the gearbox from the 1.3 as it is a bit bigger than the 1.0 and it sits about 10mm too far to the rear of the car to get the bolt through which would indicate a mounting or cross member being slightly different because the two cars should be identical so I've been told.
Thanks to the info so far from everyone and please keep it coming as any info anyone has is always helpful and I'm sure I will get it right soon,so please keep it coming.

Thanks for the info on the selector rod but I have already tried to change the bracket from the 1.0 gearbox onto the 1.3 box and it will not fit as the bolt holes are in slightly different places.Has anyone tried to do this before as I don't want to spend all day taking out an engine and half putting in another only to have to put pack in the old one again.(Really gut wrenching when this happens if you know what I mean)The problem is definatley with the gearbox from the 1.3 as it is a bit bigger than the 1.0 and it sits about 10mm too far to the rear of the car to get the bolt through which would indicate a mounting or cross member being slightly different because the two cars should be identical so I've been told.
Thanks to the info so far from everyone and please keep it coming as any info anyone has is always helpful and I'm sure I will get it right soon,so please keep it coming.

Back