Tail Lights Blowing!

Lou

Ex. Club Member
Does anyone else have this problem!

My rear passenger side tail-light keeps on blowing, the the stop light in the same bulb works fine! Now if i put in a new bulb it blows the drivers side too!

So i changed both bulbs, and hey presto they worked, hit the brake light, and then the rear tail light on the passengr side blew yet again! Does anyone know about a common problem here?

i don't know why it would be doing that,

maybe the fuse is too high or there is a leak in the system and the bulbs are getting too much power.

try using LED bulbs from ultraleds.com becuase i don't think they can blow

or just make sure you aint got a fault any were down the line like it is earthing were it shoulnt or the wires are loose. connecting the lines incorrectly .

i don't know why it would be doing that,

maybe the fuse is too high or there is a leak in the system and the bulbs are getting too much power.

try using LED bulbs from ultraleds.com becuase i don't think they can blow
Check the alternator voltage when the engine is at idle it should give a reading of 13.7volts to 14.5 volts if its any higher than that the voltage regulator in the alternator should be replaced. Check this before fitting LED bulbs. also try leaving some of the cars systems left on when you test the alternator voltage.

Back