Full Silicone hose kit available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I have re joined the club to let you all know about some great silicone hose kits available for the k11.
We were hunting for hose kits and just couldn't find any one that did a full and comprehensive kit.

So we got in touch with our friends at JS Performance ( js performance.co.uk )and they agreed to make us a full kit, which I have personally fitted to my own K11 today and can report it fits perfectly. They are retailing this kit but it is not yet showing on their site. I am not a seller and not selling anything but just the messenger with great news. Have a look on their site to see the range of colours they do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 437
Probably close to £250 for all the hoses looking at price on other cars... I paid maybe £70-£80 all in for all silicone coolant pathways made from bends and joiners...

I wouldnt bother paying that much for abit of silicone..... Looks ok but price for afew bendys is silly....

J
I always think that it depends on reliability to be honest.
When I jump in mine to go off and do a couple of hundred miles I don't want to be a hundred miles from home with a blown out coolant pipe. The old ones I removed were well on there limit of reliable use.
And yes I do appreciate that you can replace them with standard new hoses but why ??
I guess it all comes down to money but I fully intend to keep my micra for a very long time and know I won't need to be replacing the hoses again ever. Job done right once is still cheaper than doing it cheaply 6 times lol.

Oh btw I will find out a price from them and if a few want them I might be able to get a club deal but they aren't going to be a tenner.

When I jump in mine to go off and do a couple of hundred miles I don't want to be a hundred miles from home with a blown out coolant pipe. The old ones I removed were well on there limit of reliable use.
And yes I do appreciate that you can replace them with standard new hoses but why ??
I guess it all comes down to money but I fully intend to keep my micra for a very long time and know I won't need to be replacing the hoses again ever. Job done right once is still cheaper than doing it cheaply 6 times lol.
Yes, because the forum is LITTERED with cars with blown rad hoses...
Micras have been known to do 350k+ miles, and I've nevere heard of a single one with a blown coolant hose. These are a style item only.

Yes, because the forum is LITTERED with cars with blown rad hoses...
Micras have been known to do 350k+ miles, and I've nevere heard of a single one with a blown coolant hose. These are a style item only.
Your entitled to your opinion. But unless you are a qualified mechanic I'll stick to what I know if it's all the same with you. Guess that's why in Motorsport they use standard hoses then yeah ?? Oh no hang on they don't. They choose silicone. And that is for its performance only lol. You guys you do make me laugh tho. Keep it coming.

True in what your saying but the pipes on my car the still the same since 1995 so there must be an ounce if relibility somewere on standard hose, but agree silicone re better!!! Depends how far you wanna spend on an engine to look nice only when you open the bonnet, if it were a see through transparent bonnet then theres no room to think.. Lol... But eitherwy if you could find out a price for the silicone hose pipe kit theres lways room for thought knowing its availble if minds chnage etc..

J

True in what yojr saying but the pipes on my car the still the same since 1995 so there must be an ounce if relibility somewere on standrd hose, but agree silicone re better!!! Depends how far you wanna spend on an engine to look nice only when hou open the bonnet, if it were a see through transparent bonnet then theres no room to think.. Lol... But eitherwy if you could find out a price for the silicone hose pipe kit theres lways room for thought knowing its availble if minds chnage etc..

J
I will find out and see what I can do on price. I am starting to see why there was no kit available until now. Lack of demand. It is funny tho how there is a following and people supposedly love there micras but won't spend on things to upgrade it and better it. Guess I'm in a lucky position of having money to spend on my car to upgrade it.

Your entitled to your opinion. But unless you are a qualified mechanic I'll stick to what I know if it's all the same with you. Guess that's why in Motorsport they use standard hoses then yeah ?? Oh no hang on they don't. They choose silicone. And that is for its performance only lol. You guys you do make me laugh tho. Keep it coming.
I'm a qualified engineer actually. And I've not heard of any micra rally cars with burst hoses either.
I remember you now, you were the person who was refusing to share any details of kit you were selling before, suspension kit iirc.
@h701micra am I right?

I want some for mine but have to admit I wouldnt pay more than £50.

Wont make it faster wont prevent me changing them later but will look nicer and be easier to wipe dirt off. The only other thing is that the old ones will be full of that white dust, could clean it out but cba. Ive seen lengths of in on ebay in various diameter, seem very reasonable prices.

180k miles and dont think any of these have been changed, cant be sure but theres none that look any cleaner or less faded.

I will find out and see what I can do on price. I am starting to see why there was no kit available until now. Lack of demand. It is funny tho how there is a following and people supposedly love there micras but won't spend on things to upgrade it and better it. Guess I'm in a lucky position of having money to spend on my car to upgrade it.

Ok excellent!! When i had my bmw a couple years back ive had silicone hoses where i could change them i would and they were expensive but as it being a high powered engine and alLot of under bonnet temperatures so i needed reliability. But the micra being a small engine it wasnt more for reliability as its bullit proof anyway so silicone hoses on that side for me would be more for cosmetic engine dressing!! Now am Running a turbo i may whip a set for piece of mind if price is good..

J

Last edited:
I want some for mine but have to admit I wouldnt pay more than £50.

Wont make it faster wont prevent me changing them later but will look nicer and be easier to wipe dirt off. The only other thing is that the old ones will be full of that white dust, could clean it out but cba. Ive seen lengths of in on ebay in various diameter, seem very reasonable prices.

180k miles and dont think any of these have been changed, cant be sure but theres none that look any cleaner or less faded.
That white dust is usually calcium from where the system has been topped up with tap water. If it doesn't settle on hose it'll settle in the engine anyway :)

Chill out everyone... That includes @lucifer and you @Enuo. Stock hoses are more than capable to keep chugging for 300k and so are silicon so we should not imply everyone's micra's are going to blow a leak. Silicon has its advantages and disadvantages.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Chill out everyone... That includes @lucifer and you @Enuo. Stock hoses are more than capable to keep chugging for 300k and so are silicon so we should not imply everyone's micra's are going to blow a leak. Silicon has its advantages and disadvantages.

I'm fully chilled. As a matter of interest can you inform us all what are the disadvantages of silicone hoses ??

I'm a qualified engineer actually. And I've not heard of any micra rally cars with burst hoses either.
I remember you now, you were the person who was refusing to share any details of kit you were selling before, suspension kit iirc.
@h701micra am I right?
Rally cars won't have burst hoses cause they all run silicone l.

A waste of money when you don't hit anywhere near the thermal capabilities of silicon hoses... Standard. I run turbo and I am no where no near the limits.

A waste of money when you don't hit anywhere near the thermal capabilities of silicon hoses... Standard. I run turbo and I am no where no near the limits.
Oh right so no disadvantage really then just can't afford em lol. No worries next time I manage to get a company to make another upgrade for a micra I will keep it to myself. Thanks for all your input tho.

Oh right so no disadvantage really then just can't afford em lol. No worries next time I manage to get a company to make another upgrade for a micra I will keep it to myself. Thanks for all your input tho.
Afford them... I can't even afford beans I am so poor.

My god... Takes a bit to get frank to chime in with these scenarios.

Egg shaped rears.

Apparently last time I got slated for not sharing info. This time I have been slated for trying to help others even putting the web site where you can buy them. I can't win on here lol.

Its okay your life won't change either way. I think we all like to discuss things a lot. Never mind. I do plan on going silicon when I have cash to burn. Defo looks better than stock.

Do they ####?

I've yet to see anyone with a silicon kit...
Do they gave to have stock hoses huggy? Due to some likeness of their road car standards/cousins? I don't know much about rally.

Do they gave to have stock hoses huggy? Due to some likeness of their road car standards/cousins? I don't know much about rally.

Well hopefully you will now as there is a full kit available lol. I actually thought people would be pleased to find out about this. I will tell you what I won't make any more comments of how good they are if people don't make comments on the fact they are a waste of time. If you want some you now have the info of who to contact. If you don't then just don't buy them. I can't say fairer than that really. Was just trying to help out a company that went out on a limb to make up tooling for hoses that were not available to help people with K11 's

Well hopefully you will now as there is a full kit available lol. I actually thought people would be pleased to find out about this. I will tell you what I won't make any more comments of how good they are if people don't make comments on the fact they are a waste of time. If you want some you now have the info of who to contact. If you don't then just don't buy them. I can't say fairer than that really. Was just trying to help out a company that went out on a limb to make up tooling for hoses that were not available to help people with K11 's

I'd quite like some...Just saying that few micra rally cars that I've seen have them. Just want some bling

Normally the standard hoses, sometimes theyll have had new original parts, but I've not seen one with sillicone.

Then again, the higher spec kit cars may do... But probably just for bling

Just to put my 2 pennorth in, I know I don't drive a micra now, but I do drive an old Nissan still and, in the short time I have owned it, I have had 3 seperate hose failures through degradation of the material. In trying to replace said hoses I have phoned loads of scrappys trying to find them and, almost without exception, I have been informed that on P10's they break, the hoses are always snapped up first :(
Must be a primera thing :/

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

This is the internet. People will always be critical. But there will be motorsport interest now, but motorsport is very belts and braces. If it doesn't weigh any more and it has a higher capacity/strength, even if it is not needed it will be strongly considered.

Just to put my 2 pennorth in, I know I don't drive a micra now but I do drive an old Nissan still and in the short time I have owned it I have had 3 seperate hose failures through degradation of the material. In trying to replace said hoses I have phoned loads of scrappys trying to find them and almost without exception I have been informed that on P10's they break the hoses are always snapped up first :(
Must be a primera thing :/

Try that company mate. They might well agree to make you some up. They are a great company to deal with and to be honest if there is a demand they are willing to take the risk as they have done with the micra ones. If no luck as you are not trade ?? Or you might be but if no luck let me know and I would talk to them. I do not make any money from these guys at all. I have a set on my race civic ep3 as well and the fit is perfect every time.

Great :( I keep wondering when the next one is gonna let go :mad:

I had a an old rover 220 coupe for a while, long story lol but it was the metal link pipes corroded on that that was the problem and nobody made them. I just hated using it knowing failure was imminent lol. I feel your pain.

Good to know that there is now a kit available, so thanks for letting us know, however would need to know the actual pricing to consider properly as I said earlier at around £250 it is quite a lot, especially if you can measure the old ones up and order seperate for less than £100. Would probly be able to get extra bits for that much too which could be handy for extras like catch tanks etc. Looking at my pile of pipes I wouldnt even say thats theres a lot there.

As someone mentioned earlier it could be worth upgrading if doing turbo projects due to the heat as that heat cycling from hot to cold and back to hot is mostly what will cause them to go brittle (I think)

Not having a go or ewt but I assume they will have reels of the stuff and just cut of the right lengths of each diameter and bag it up? In which case thats a lot extra to pay just to have it made to measure.

I wont have any £ till friday so I wont be looking for anything till then but I might give em a ring for a price around then

Ok well......lucifer if you could get a price and speak to this company not forgetting to mention the price limitation to what micra drvers here would roughly pay for couple of bendy coloured hoses they may be in luck to get a few people interested but if they come up with prices like £50 + i reckon you should kindly advise them to seize production on manufacturing them.... Just being fair to the company for not spending any more of their money creating pipes that wont sell or maybe but the odd one here and there not on demand etc.

J

Firstly it is not a length of hose cut to length it is a perfect bent replacement for your original hose. Secondly please feel free to take of the top and bottom heater hose and try and make this up with joints and bends and let me know how much you spend on that alone. Please take one off and look at the bends in it to allow it to fit without rubbing on anything. Thirdly they don't make them and have them hanging around so they are not wasting money. And finally if you honestly believe you will get that many hoses of that quality for £50 quid I'm not even gonna talk to them. Good luck on either making them up or doing it cheaper. Please have a look at the photos for the amount of hoses that you get. I'm guessing that you guys and gals can see the photos I posted up right ?!

There are two more hoses includes as well the breather from the left hand side of the rocker cover looking from the front and the other water pipe from the manifold but both disappear under the inlet and are a nightmare to get to and I ran out of time.

So this is you trying to help then shift stock they've had a while because nobody wants, that you convinced them to make?

So this is you trying to help then shift stock they've had a while because nobody wants, that you convinced them to make?
You just can't help yourself trapping off can you. You must be bored because school is shut today I guess.

This is me trying to help a company that is trying to help others. They have no stock of these hose as they make all kits to order.

Firstly it is not a length of hose cut to length it is a perfect bent replacement for your original hose. Secondly please feel free to take of the top and bottom heater hose and try and make this up with joints and bends and let me know how much you spend on that alone. Please take one off and look at the bends in it to allow it to fit without rubbing on anything. Thirdly they don't make them and have them hanging around so they are not wasting money. And finally if you honestly believe you will get that many hoses of that quality for £50 quid I'm not even gonna talk to them. Good luck on either making them up or doing it cheaper. Please have a look at the photos for the amount of hoses that you get. I'm guessing that you guys and gals can see the photos I posted up right ?!
Sounds like they have them lying around.
I refuse to buy anything from a company that insults potential customers, maybe you should change tact.
And I've never worked in a school so I don't know where that came from, but I did work as a cover lecturer for 3 As-level maths lessons at a college a while back :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back