fuel system

i filled my tank up with feul at my local bp and turns out to be comtaminated (what a joy) whats the best way to clean the system?
it keeps cutting out and jerking about only started since i put the fuel in

i cant remember if there is a drain plug on the k11, i think there is,

is it like a produce recall or something then? cos if it is then surely they should be sorting it?

or did you put some diesel in and are keeping it from us lol

lol nah no diesel and unsure they are denying it was there fuel that is making it do it but i need the car as it my daily and it really annoying me just wanna sort it out

You could take the main pressure line from the tank that runs to the fuel filter, disconnect it, then once the ignition is turned you can run it off into a bucket :) not sure how long that would take on a full tank though!

You could take the main pressure line from the tank that runs to the fuel filter, disconnect it, then once the ignition is turned you can run it off into a bucket :) not sure how long that would take on a full tank though!

yeah ill give it a go
that dose take a long time on my old fiesta i put a live to the feul pump to drain it

If you actually intend to do anything about it then keep a sample and complain to local trading standards. Chances are though its far more likely that your car is at fault than the fuel is.

if it was contaminated with diesel it would be smoking and hard to start eh.
and unless anyone else complains they will just deny responsibility
well im draining it out today so ill keep it for now

If you actually intend to do anything about it then keep a sample and complain to local trading standards. Chances are though its far more likely that your car is at fault than the fuel is.
it just strange that it only happened after i put the fuel in it

Back