How to effectively clean the fuel system??

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I'm wondering how to effectively flush out the fuel system to ensure sufficient fuel supply to the engine?

How to clean up the fuel tank, fuel line and injectors??

Any inputs?? ;)

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
ill guess you have to remove your fuel tank and completely empty it and at the same time you can check the fuel filter is secured coz this what i found out why my fuel gauge doesnt display the correct level. theres one guy on ebay who does cleaning injectors for $20 each excl p&h....http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LET-ME-CLEAN-TEST-YOUR-FUEL-INJECTORS-LIKE-NEW-/110617919481?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c1577ff9#ht_1623wt_932, i havent used him so cant really tell if he's good...

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
What you can do is just a shock dose of good cleaner, then keep adding cleaner for a couple of months in small doses, possibly along with fuel that has more cleaning agents in it like Ultimate etc.

Actually these newer ethanol blended fuels clean really well, with the catch being none are recommended for a Micra by Nissan.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Hmmm the only way to trully clean it would be to remove the fuel tank. Take the pump out and clean it all up. Then replace the filter and also get the injecters cleaned. Then put it all back. Sorted Gov

Back