fuel problem

D

da2

hey you lot
i have searched the forums but can't find anything, so it it just me? i am having problems putting feul in my micra. the pump cuts out as if the tank is full, but its not. has anyone got any ideas?:k11green:

Mine does it as well, its down to the cut out on the pump being too sensitive. Some pumps are more sensitive than others, try a different filling station and see if that makes a difference.

rotate the fuel nozzle, there is a point where it'll work fine...i believe some have even held the pump upside down while filling.

yeah and hold the green piping up, the cutting out means the petrol is flowing back on itself... I know the feeling and its well annoying :(

(Y)

yeah ive found this aswell got round it by holding the nozzle a little out of the filler not too much so as not to spill the motion potionand it fills up fine.

wow, what a response. i know the tesco near me is almost unuseable, i had to move to another pump, it still didn't help. the assistant made me feel like a t@#t "would you like me to do it for you". but thanlks for the help, i'll try it next time i fill up. i do love my micra, this is now my 3rd. i really would love to put some alloys on but they are pricey. i have changed the side repeaters to clear, they do look wicked on a dark colour so if you haven't got em, do.

Not all k11's are like this, and yes you can angle the pump, and it will cut out when it is full. Having being a pump jokey for nearly 4 years now haha ive filled up my fair share of cars :)

Have you tried hold the nozzel a few cm's out instead of having it all the way in?

I beleive the issue is the angle of the pipe to the tank is too tight and causes the flow issue...

When i had a micra i always had to hold the nozzle upside down no matter where i was filling up, be cautious of morrisons pumps, if there upside down they dont cut off when its full... I had a very wet shoe :(

My K10 does this in some garages. Was told that the fuel vapour can trigger the cut off, and to hold the nozzle out further. And yes I overfilled the bloody thing too and now have a nice yellow stain down the side of the car!

Back