Fuel pump

My fuel pump packed in on the M60 this afternoon, luckily I had a spare one in the boot, so I took some pics while fixing it and did a guide.

I'm concerned about the fact that it's the second one I've had to replace in two or three years on the car though, I'm wondering if its the fact that I do about 150 motorway miles a week, does this make the pump work harder thus shortening its life ?

I'm concerned about the fact that it's the second one I've had to replace in two or three years on the car though, I'm wondering if its the fact that I do about 150 motorway miles a week, does this make the pump work harder thus shortening its life ?

more likely of ure mileage could be the prob. putt fuel cleaner cleans out fuel pump, gives it more life.

i do more than that, i'd say 200-250 @ 70mph+ and touch wood, i've not had a problem, my k11 is about 6yrs younger than yours, but it's done 107,000miles so far, :S

Back