Fuel Pump Regulator

Guys i possibly have problem with this crap. As you know its bit difficult to remove intake to change it. Because i am forced to do it do you know if the sr20 regulator has the same fitting as ours? from pics it seems to. also is it better to fit an adapter and then a aftermarket new one? my fuel consumption now and before upgrade is around 11 liters for 80 kms at most. we measured the regulator and maybe its his fault.is it possible

The fuel reg is under the throttle body and is held in with 2 screws to the fuel rail, as far as I know all nissan are the same fitment to the rails but the position/direction of the pipes may be different on each model.

Your fuel comsumption maybe to do with an o2 sensor or mapping, they are hard on petrol for the engine size in fairness. Are you using standard injectors?

Forgot to add, you dont have to remove the inlet to remove the regulator with the correct tools so should be easy for you

i noticed where it is mate thanks. i think by removing bypass valve i should have space to work. i will replace it with a spare stock one i have. we checked and changed 3 airflows, i dont use co2 sensor in all of my cars.i mean by co2 sensor, the sensor that relays on the outlet manifold near turbo. also we checked the sensor near the throttle body, cleared fuel injectors. idont know what else to do except replacing the regulator. what;s your fuel consumption mate in and out of the city? thanks for your replies

let's say about 9-10 liter per 100km. i consume 3-4 more without s/c. i have a switch to power him on and off in city and think that in low rpm we programmed it to consume less than stock ecu. i hope by changing the regulator this weekend the problem will be fixed.

do you believe if it is possible to remove intake manifold from above and not having to rip the whole car? i think there are 6 bolts. i want to install another regulator

You need to remove the y pipe, bypass valve and feed ppe for the s/c to get at the nuts that secure the inlet manifold to the head. You dont need to take it off to remove a refit a new reg though

You will have to remove the rail an cut the heads on the screws off and get new bolts when refitting the new reg

mates dows anyone know any other nissan distributor that matches ma09ert's? except ma10et. i mean a more widely engine like ma10 or ma12 or ca18 or anything?i would like to find all other parts except cap and rotator(everything that is inside the distributor).

Regards

i self diagnosed the cu now and if i am right i have these errors
Code 12 Mass airflow sensor
Code 34 Knock sensor
Code 51 Injector circuit.

Baz do you know where knock sensor is? regards

You dont have a knock sensor. and the ecu has no way of knowing about injectors. I'll look for codes for you tomorrow if I remember:)

Back