adjustable fuel regulator

CMF_Markie

» CMF Member
Hey guys i have extractors and a 2.5" exhaust system and now iam looking to put an adjustable fuel regulator to give my car a bit more boost. Is there specific ones for micra or any universal one should do it? And could anyone tell me how to install it and any other additional information that i may need. Thanx

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
i've actually asked the same question b4..ended up figuring it out my self lol

you'll need the following:
-fuel rail adapter(turbosmart WRX will fit)
- vacuum operated fixed rate fuel regulator(rising rate better for turbo)
-some longer fuel hoses and vacuum line.
-factory pressure is 37.5psi

there are proven good brands like sard, turbosmart. i've tried cheapies dont notice any difference unless you're going hard core.

But take this advise from me unless you are serious going to dyno mapping.... its pretty much usless you wont notice the difference and effect your fuel efficiency and plugs.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
IMG_0736.jpg

usless bling but sure looks nice hey...

CMF_Markie

» CMF Member
so there is no point of using it? and i read something about i need to get my car dynoed and tunned cuz i have extractors, is dat true

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
tuning would definitely give you accurate mapping and even better gains with the reg... but consider the expense gaining power on a n/a(ecu, wiring, tuning... there are a few with modified cams, head, throttle body and pistons runing on stock ecu and regulator with no tuning :p

CMF_Markie

» CMF Member
Well my car is all stock bur has extractors nd exhaust and iam going to do the tunning and dyno nd i wanted to put da regulator in. How much will it cost?

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
Regulator cheap say 80~ proven 200~ + adaptor 50~
piggy back ecu or standalone 1000~ give or take, double or more for standalone(can't do much with piggies though)

then there's labour you looking 80~ per hour say ~1000 min regulator and ecu. And tuning on top ~ 500 starting...

All up prepare almost the value of the bug, if you sacrifice money you sacrifice quality. and most performence garages has no experience on k11s and you would prob end up paying more for them to figure it out than a skyline etc...

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
It will buy it's a waste of time. Your stock reg will be fine and if you up the pressure to mch and make it to rich you will use more fuel and lose power. If it's Way rich you can wash the oil off your combustion chamber and blow a motor. Just leave the stock one

CMF_Markie

» CMF Member
I read the article on da forums nd dey say change the reg .. Ok so i dnt need it den do i still need da dyno nd da tune because of the extracters??

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Markie WROTE:

"I read the article on da forums nd dey say change the reg .. Ok so i dnt need it den do i still need da dyno nd da tune because of the extracters??

Perhaps save your money on the fuel reg and invest in some night classes to improve your spelling. Your not texting mate.

Back