fuel pressure regulator

does anybody know the best method of adapting a fuel rail to take a universal adjustable fuel pressure regulator? cost me £30, has adjust, and a gauge. its just a bit beyond my levels of interpretive thinking!

im not sure Frank. kit came with no instructions. it has come with a plate with a hose connector on it, but its too small a diameter to fit eith the original o-ring to be honest, i think im going to have to cut the mount off the old pressure reg. it says it can do double pressure, which means 5 Bar/70psi. would i just be able to seal the end of the rail around a pipe connection?

you usually have to remove the 2 screws and then replace the stock fpr with the little fitting eh tom, you could "add" your adjustable one downstream of the original, but you would,nt be able to set it below 3 bar then

have you got think similar to this?

japspeed_nissan_fuelreg_adp-125x125.jpg

i didnt mate. had one with a pipe connect and a blank face on the other side. ended up cutting the adaptor off the original fuel pressure reg. i ride mountain bikes, and found some brake piston seals that fitted.

How i attached a Aftemarket Fuel Pressure Regulator

What i did is took the original Fuel pressure Regulator out, then i removed the green 'O' ring, and then put the original Fuel pressure Regulator back together, minus the 'O' ring, of course.

i then removed the fuel return pipe attached to the fuel rail underneath the original Fuel pressure Regulator and attached a small section of the pipe that i got with the kit to the fuel rail and the inlet of the Aftermarket Fuel pressure Regulator. i then attached the return pipe to the outlet. i then attached the vaccum pipe from the original to the Aftermarket.

*Note: The Only Purpose of an 'O' Ring is to Create an Gas tight or Water tight Seal, Without an 'O' there is no resistance, thus no pressure

What i did is took the original Fuel pressure Regulator out, then i removed the green 'O' ring, and then put the original Fuel pressure Regulator back together, minus the 'O' ring, of course.

i then removed the fuel return pipe attached to the fuel rail underneath the original Fuel pressure Regulator and attached a small section of the pipe that i got with the kit to the fuel rail and the inlet of the Aftermarket Fuel pressure Regulator. i then attached the return pipe to the outlet. i then attached the vaccum pipe from the original to the Aftermarket.

*Note: The Only Purpose of an 'O' Ring is to Create an Gas tight or Water tight Seal, Without an 'O' there is no resistance, thus no pressure

for the (differently designed) coilpack type/topfeed rail yes :)

Back