kinked fuel regulator lines

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
just been reading in the articles section about extractors and fuel supply to the engine(i just got some extractors however havnt got them on the car yet)and it says that you wont notice too much untill you supply the engine with more fuel.

http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/1500powerup.php

there is a way to kink the fuel regulator line or something to make it think it doesnt have enough fuel.

has anyone done it?? and does it work??
im thinking it sounds a bit dogey. any ways to do the same thing properly?

tris

smidge

» CMF Member
adjustable fuel pressure reg is another way to go about it, i've never actually played with one much before but i think i will in the near future

basically just a way to increase fuel pressure and get more fuel through the same sized and same pulsed injectors

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
ok thanks! yeh ill just see how it does without playing with the fuel pressure... still gota sort out exhaust for it anyway

tris

smidge, when you do eventualy try with a fuel regulator let us know how it goes!! id be interested. maybe just some pulsar injectors or something would be more worth it. there is a direct swap from stock micra injectors to pulsar injectors, right?? or does it need a new computer or something

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
tris

at the end of the fuel rail there,s a valve that returns any fuel over 35 psi back to the tank (pump pushes out 70 psi i think) so if you squash the top of the p/r/valve, it pushes down on the spring, which makes it "blow off" at a higher pressure

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
its a bit less crude than kinking the return pipe imo.
you can test the valve on a spraybooth air regulator (increase the pressure till you hear it blow off) but i found a 2mm dish in the top was ok.
i think 1.3s tend to lean out at high revs with an extractor exh fitted so the modded valve will supply more fuel when the injectors are maxing out

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"When the <EM>injectors</EM> are running out or when the fuel pressure isn't high enough? Are the standard injectors inadequate for a extractors + larger air intake setup?<BR><BR>---dens

I would say yes, yes they are.

site member GTRHOLIC found his standard micra injectors were maxxed out with the impul exhaust and ga15 intake /pod. Yes he had some Tomei cams but where his injectors were maxxing out its pretty clear that a standard cammed motor would probably start running of fuel higher up in the rev range.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
SR20 injectors are everywhere.

Most likely a better option than anything else (even the elusive primera injectors) and there'll be plenty of room for the SR injectors to play with a CG13DE.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"SR20 injectors are everywhere.<BR><BR><BR>Most likely a better option than anything else (even the elusive primera injectors) and there'll be plenty of room for the SR injectors to play with a CG13DE.

is it realy necessary for new injectors though?? cos as frank said the fuel pump is capable of 70 psi... its just a matter of being able to use that.

also frank do you rekon you could take some pics of the piece you mean... i can see at the end theres like a little cylendar thing with a small metal pipe coming off is that it?? if so where is the actual valve bit??

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
tris

could,nt get a good angle to show the dish,but thats the p/r/valve, the spring is housed in the top by the smaller vacuum pipe (some k11,s its 90 deg bent so you have to grind a slot in the socket you use to squash the top down)

Attachments

• 29855.jpg
    29855.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 21

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
so its this bit right?? youve just put a socket over that black rubber pipe and hit it to make a dish in the top of the tophat looking piece?? how exactly does that work?? i guess you probably have to know bout how the valve works tho ay

thanks, i appreciate it!!

Attachments

• 29861.jpg
    29861.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 22

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
tris

ye thats the one, i would,nt hit it with a hammer tho you,ll bust it !
like i said i sqeezed it in a vice CAREFULLY !
if you can get a spare one, cut it open and you,ll be a bit wiser ?

Back