Fuel lid release not working

CMF_mitchgc

» CMF Member
Hey.

The fuel lid release lever isn't working - I have to pop open the fuel lid with my keys currently. I've had a look at the release latch in the boot, but can't figure out why it's not working and was hoping someone here would know.

Sorry about the crappy photo, but it's the best I could get before the camera died.

Cheers.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,

It kinda looks like what has happened to mine. The outer casing on the cable has broken.

I havent really bothered to fix mine yet. I need a replacement cable and outer casing and also the black piece that is fixed to the filler hole that the white release pin goes through. Hope that made sense lol..

Also, Im not using my key to open it. I pop the hatch and pull the white bit in your photo to open it.

qwerty132

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Using the wonderful mspaint I have coloured some bits in.

The problem with mine was the yellow ring bit had broken off from the blue bit of the outer casing. It should be joined to it and sit between the green and brown fork pieces. When you push the lever near the drivers seat it actually pulls the outer casing towards the front of the car which pulls the green fork which pivots the arm the pulls the white release pin. I think I got that right lol..

Anyway on mine, the ring bit(yellow) had broken off the outer casing(blue) and when I pushed the lever at the front the casing would move, but the fork bit wouldnt as the ring bit was just sitting there loose on the inner cable.

Umm A nissan dealer may be able to help with parts. Im not really sure though. Probably easier to get the bits from a wrecker or something. I havent fixed mine yet as it isnt really annoying me yet.

qwerty

Attachments

• 50426.jpg
    50426.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 37
Back