Fuel Gauge not working

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Been looking into why my fuel gauge isn't working and done some searching on here and can't seem to find the problem, at one stage my dash lights wouldn't come up, nor would the fuel or temp gauge move found it was the fuse, so now the fuel gauge doesn't work! I think it's the sender? Could this be right?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
BOX WROTE:

"yes it could be the sender, common on K11's. you will need to pull the pump out to inspect. i suggest checking everything easy first; fuses etc

Yeah I checked fuses, blew the meter fuse threw a 30amp in haha (think it meant to take a 10amp) still not working, pulled the sender out and checked continuity seems to be okay?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

threw a 30amp in haha (think it meant to take a 10amp) still not working, pulled the sender out and checked continuity seems to be okay?"</div>

That should ignite the tank nicely then eh !

It didn't haha, gauge still sits past empty :(

CMF_BOX

» CMF Member
dont put a 30amp fuse in if its meant to take 10amp fuse.
there is a reason why it is blowing, putting a 30amp fuse will allow alot more current run thru wires which are only desgined to handle 10amps.
there is a short somewhere from the fuse box to the sender. if you dont know how to find a short i suggest to take it to a mechanic or auto elec cos ur playing with ur life

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
BOX WROTE:

"dont put a 30amp fuse in if its meant to take 10amp fuse.

there is a reason why it is blowing, putting a 30amp fuse will allow alot more current run thru wires which are only desgined to handle 10amps.

there is a short somewhere from the fuse box to the sender. if you dont know how to find a short i suggest to take it to a mechanic or auto elec cos ur playing with ur life

I know this mate haha, it's fixed now but haven't changed the fuse yet if it blows again I'll check on what's going on, I am a mechanic

CMF_BOX

» CMF Member
clearly not a very good mechanic. a good mechanic would know that having 30amps of current thru wires that are rated for 10amps is a problem.
if you put in a 15amp fuse i wouldnt have said anything.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
BOX WROTE:

"clearly not a very good mechanic. a good mechanic would know that having 30amps of current thru wires that are rated for 10amps is a problem.

if you put in a 15amp fuse i wouldnt have said anything.

its fine now mate, not need to get you undies in a twist, it now has a 10 amp back in it. the fault was in the sender

Back