Fuel Gauge Problem

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
Hey everybody,

My fuel gauge keeps reading empty. First I thought that it was the gauge that was faulty but now I'm pretty sure it's fine. So my question is, what else could be the source of the problem? I would really like to know how much fuel is in my car day to day.

I can only guess that the problem is somewhere down the other end at the fuel tank. Would this solve it:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-MAXIM..._Accessories&hash=item255e7e0359#ht_711wt_883

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
e79:
Fuelmiser
FPE-452 (51MM)
FPE-248 (38MM) December 97 onwards.

there is 2 different sizes best way is to remove tank lid(not the refill one lol) and check the size.

Fuelmiser is US assembled comes with 30-50,000kms/2 year warranty.
you can get it from any auto-store, dont get ripped on ebay..

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
e79:
Fuelmiser
FPE-452 (51MM)
FPE-248 (38MM) December 97 onwards.

there is 2 different sizes best way is to remove tank lid(not the refill one lol) and check the size.

Fuelmiser is US assembled comes with 30-50,000kms/2 year warranty.
you can get it from any auto-store, dont get ripped on ebay..

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
Ok cool, thanks guys. I had the tank lid off once to see if it may be the float that's fallen off (almost completely shredded the notches on the black plastic ring with a hammer and screwdriver in the process). The tank was half full of fuel so I chickened out of removing anything. Maybe I'll have another go when it's a bit emptier.

mycra when you say 51mm or 38mm, what exactly am I measuring? Sorry for the rookie question - I'm a complete roockie when it comes to mechanics. And so if I replace this Fuelmiser thingo it could cause/fix the fuel gauge problem?

Back